Jim white 2.0 vs Sirui va-5

Brix8984

WKR
Does anyone have experience with both heads? I am looking for an ARCA compatible head to run a btx/95 with balance rail on and just cant bring myself to spend the money on the outdoorsman fluid head.

OP
Brix8984

Brix8984

WKR
Spend the money...
I’ll bite...
Use would be 95/btx
I currently have a manfroto 055xpro3 with mv500ah head.
My original thought was manfroto for standing and glassing near the truck and a slik/Sirui va-5 for hiking out.
could I get away with just an outdoorsman fluid head on tall legs to do both?
I just worry about the leg stability when standing to glass as they are significantly smaller than my manfroto.

tdot

WKR
I just returned the JW2.0. I didnt feel it worked well enough with the BTX/95. I liked their Panhead abit better, but decided to move away from their plate, so it was sold. Same thing for their MicroPanhead.

I've switched to ball heads with integrated panning and have been happy with that route. Spring bear season will be the first in-field hunting test though.

OP
Brix8984

Brix8984

WKR
I just returned the JW2.0. I didnt feel it worked well enough with the BTX/95. I liked their Panhead abit better, but decided to move away from their plate, so it was sold. Same thing for their MicroPanhead.

I've switched to ball heads with integrated panning and have been happy with that route. Spring bear season will be the first in-field hunting test though.
Thank you for the help. I have their regular panhead for my binos and 65mm objective just wanting something more for the 95. I want to run the balance rail on it so I would like my head to be Arca Swiss. I am contemplating there new fluid head and keeping my manfroto legs for truck use and maybe picking up a slik 734 down the road when weight is a concer.

I can only discuss the VA5 and it is one of the best fluid heads on the market. It is light weight, well built, Arca Swiss
We sell these like crazy and they don't come back because of failure

Right now we have all Sirui heads and tripods 20% off for Rokslide members and there is a mail in rebate. Normally it's $164.90, now it's $131.92 and you get $15 back from Sirui

Joel
516-217-1000

tdot

WKR
Thank you for the help. I have their regular panhead for my binos and 65mm objective just wanting something more for the 95. I want to run the balance rail on it so I would like my head to be Arca Swiss. I am contemplating there new fluid head and keeping my manfroto legs for truck use and maybe picking up a slik 734 down the road when weight is a concer.

Outdoorsman do have a long mounting plate in their proprietary pattern. If all you want/need is the extra length, this will accomplish the same thing as the Arca Swiis plate.

4ester

WKR
Just got my BTX/85mm a few months ago, but so far I’m loving the Slik 634 w/VA-5 combo. I think it will be the ticket as a backpacker.

If you were glassing from a truck or atv I could see having a big heavy tripod with matching head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk