Jimmy tarps alpine basin setup

vtbow

FNG
I've been fooling aorund wtih a Jimmy Tarps alpine basin I purchased used here and am sadly having a hard time with the pitch. I" lay it out like a supertarp, stake the back 2 corners, then the front pole is inserted and guyed out, then left and righ t front stakes thenback pole and rest of staking. Issue I'm having is a ton of "sweep" in the front seams. and the back seems almost baggy, but the pole definitely can get longer there. The specs I"ve found say 48" front, 31" back. But it almost seems like the front needs to be taller. Any suggestions from anyone who has had one? Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Thanks!
JT1.jpg

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
Take it for what its worth--I don't have this tarp but have good experience with the Kifaru Supertarp---but it looks to me like once you have the front pole set you should try pulling the front two stakes out wider, more forward and tighter and then work towards the back keeping that tension in the fabric (and even moving the back two stakes for a second time if necessary). For the Supertarp the last thing I did was to set the rear pole, not sure if that would make a difference too. In your pitch it looks like the side guy outs are doing more work than they should. Again though, take it for what it is worth--just looking at your pitch from one picture. Sometimes you just have to keep fiddling with it. if you need more height in the end, you can stick a rock under the pole too.

OP
V

vtbow

FNG
Take it for what its worth--I don't have this tarp but have good experience with the Kifaru Supertarp---but it looks to me like once you have the front pole set you should try pulling the front two stakes out wider, more forward and tighter and then work towards the back keeping that tension in the fabric (and even moving the back two stakes for a second time if necessary). For the Supertarp the last thing I did was to set the rear pole, not sure if that would make a difference too. In your pitch it looks like the side guy outs are doing more work than they should. Again though, take it for what it is worth--just looking at your pitch from one picture. Sometimes you just have to keep fiddling with it. if you need more height in the end, you can stick a rock under the pole too.
Thanks for the ideas. I had a super tarp and it pitched much easier and tighter for sure. I'll leave the back pole till last and give that a go. What's a little weird is without all the tension on the side guys the tentbis pretty floppy like a sail....maybe I'm overcorrecting with them though.

OP
V

vtbow

FNG
Got the pitch a little better and burned in a stove/pipe I built for it. A little concerned about the MINI stove jack. It seemed to work, and it was blowing like 30mph at my house and it was fine...but for some reason it makes me nervous!

20220428_124934.jpg20220428_124941.jpg20220428_130110.jpg20220428_130434.jpg20220428_131712.jpg20220428_131715.jpg