Job title help

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is a CNA and has been at her facility for over 10 years. Although she lacked 1 year of finishing her RN because of having children. We always have planned for her to go back to school but its has always been one more child.
So she has been stuck as a CNA with a EMT license. Miranda is sharp as a tack and has never stopped learning and has never stopped progressing. She is at the point now that nurses come to her about everything and the Admin has taken notice.
Slowly but surely the Admin has been pulling her from her CNA duties and placing her in leadership position. Even the kitchen utilizes her for her dietary knowledge.
Now it has come to the point that they have told her she is over qualified to be just a CNA and she can go as high as she wants to with the company.
They have given her, her own position but they want her to come up with a job title and it has to be a good one and sound as important as she is.

She does all the CNA training and orientation classes, dietary ordering, inspections if the facilities, schedual all shifts to work, all covid testing, tracking and data processing. She has all login credentials for everything in the building including payroll.

Thats just off the top of my head.

So anyone have any suggestions on a a Job Title

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Scorpion

WKR
General Manager? Practice Manager? Operations Supervisor?

What kind of facility?

She should get her RN if it’s not too late.

OP
boonez40

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
General Manager? Practice Manager? Operations Supervisor?

What kind of facility?

She should get her RN if it’s not too late.
She has the application and trying to figure out how to work school in, it may be a possibility that the facility may work with her as the admin handed her the application Thursday and told her to fill it out.

Assisted living facility for the Elderly

Hoot

WKR
It sounds to me like she is an operations manager as well, but I would say make sure she chooses a title that allows her trajectory towards where she wants to go with the company, don’t pick one that boxes her into just her current roles.

bnsafe

WKR
I am a RN and director of surgical services and the other areas that go with that. IMO and only my opinion, she should go finish her RN. If she is only a year away she can prob finish up on line now. Its only a year, just do it. I am not a RN snob. I have great people working for me in all capacities. The reason I highly encourage her to go back is while she might be able to do all those things with her current company and do them well, what happens if she wants to take another job with another company, or the current company sales, shuts down, etc. In healthcare we look more at titles because we have to. For example I have techs that can do everything a RN can do, but I cant allow them to because of state and fed laws. That gets worse every year. She will end up boxing herself in at some point without a degree. My wife was a nursing home admin so very similar to what we are talking about. But she had to have a degree to sit for the boards to get that liscense. It may not be right, but it is what it is.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
She sounds like a House Mouse.

Supervisory Nursing Technician
- non-bachelors =technician job imo.

Having 15 years in HR, with 4 focussed specifically on Job Titles,/Profiles, and their compensation, this initially sounds like it may be an Operations Supervisor if she has direct reports. If no direct reports, typically an operations lead.

Not enough to go off here, typically need a job description. If you want to share that level of detail, and if any direct reports, the minimum requirements for role i could give you a exact answer.

edit: i have 6 years supporting healthcare also

OP
boonez40

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
Having 15 years in HR, with 4 focussed specifically on Job Titles,/Profiles, and their compensation, this initially sounds like it may be an Operations Supervisor if she has direct reports. If no direct reports, typically an operations lead.

Not enough to go off here, typically need a job description. If you want to share that level of detail, and if any direct reports, the minimum requirements for role i could give you a exact answer.

edit: i have 6 years supporting healthcare also
Good deal, as soon as her boss types it up, I will pm you a copy

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a heck of a woman! Id suggest a way to get that last year completed for the certification. maybe even online courses? Maybe a special testing situation?

Sort of a operations manager or Supervisor. With maybe a tiny bit of Controller mixed in

If she’s not preparing any of the financials I’d go with: director of operations, operations manager, or operations supervisor. But if she’s doing anything with budgeting/ financials and extremely familiar with things like patient trust, Medicare/Medicaid billing/coding reimbursements, to name a few. then I’d go Controller or assistant Controller

She should still peruse her RN or BSN and work towards becoming an Administrator. Sounds like she’s on the right track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk