Jobs / employment

I think it’s time to pack my family up and move out of New York.

I am looking for any employment outside of this state. Outdoor industry, hunting industry, law enforcement

I currently work in the law enforcement profession here in New York.

if anyone knows any job opportunities or heard anything and wants to pass on the info or where I can apply that would be awesome.
Thank you

jmav58

WKR
Any employment outside of New York? So technically, you're looking for a job in 49 other states. Do you have a couple states in mind?

Olathe and Overland Park KS PD is always looking for good officers. Offer good pay for the area. KC suburbs. The hospitals in the area KU and Childrens Mercy hire officers too. Area is nice for families. PM me if you want more details, I can send it to you.

Az is always hiring officers. I would imagine just about EVERY major dept. is hiring officers right about now. With the lack of LE support from the weak minded public, lots have retired early. Good luck and be safe out there.

Northwest Arkansas would be great as a LEO. Also, you have several large corporations headquartered here that hire ex-Leo to run security. Walmart, Tyson and JB Hunt for example.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for avoiding CO. Don’t leave one liberal strong hold for another!

At the same time I would also ask about the priorities of the family? Are you guys looking to relocate to an urban/suburban area? Or are you thinking more rural and remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
I would think move to a suburban area to make it easier on wife and kids with remote area not to far away.

currently looking into Arizona the most.

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Are you federal LEO? The Forest Service is always hiring in that department, might be a good place to start.

bdg848

WKR
Davenport, Iowa PD is hiring. Iowa isn't as cool as the western states but there is good white tail hunting here and your travel time for trips out west will be half what it was from New york haha. Lower cost of living too.

bdg848

WKR
Northwest Arkansas would be great as a LEO. Also, you have several large corporations headquartered here that hire ex-Leo to run security. Walmart, Tyson and JB Hunt for example.
Arkansas has pretty low average pay for LEO if I remember correctly.

Arkansas has pretty low average pay for LEO if I remember correctly.
You might be right. Not sure if the NW Arkansas area is different on this vs the rest of the state. Cost of living is low and like I originally said, lots of opportunities to transition into Corporate Security job which I know you can push 6 figures in, depending on the position. All store security and stuff like that is managed from the home office level of Walmart, not to mention they have like 15 different corporate buildings.

Schools are top notch and plenty of hiking and mountain biking going on. Lots of lakes also.

bdg848

WKR
You might be right. Not sure if the NW Arkansas area is different on this vs the rest of the state. Cost of living is low and like I originally said, lots of opportunities to transition into Corporate Security job which I know you can push 6 figures in, depending on the position. All store security and stuff like that is managed from the home office level of Walmart, not to mention they have like 15 different corporate buildings.

Schools are top notch and plenty of hiking and mountain biking going on. Lots of lakes also.
Corporate security would be a sweet gig. A professor of mine was the retired head of security for a large farm implement company (probably the first one you think of). He started at mid level management over an in house security team at a plant but then moved to the corporate office. There, he said, you are basically a corporate cop. He hid cameras and worked snitches to find people selling drugs or stealing products on the floors of different job sites and turned his files over to management and then to local police for them to do what they will. Planning the security setup for trade shows, shareholder meetings, new plant construction, etc. was another big part of the job. That sounds awesome to me.