Jocko Wilink releasing 100% US Clothing line.

grfox92

WKR
I was listening to Jocko willink on Joe rogan's podcast, and they kind of unformally announced that Jocko's brand Origin Maine, Will be releasing a line of high-end hunting clothing. 100% United States source materials and 100% made in the United States.

I know a lot of guys have been asking about this lately there's been several threads, I know the origin brand currently makes regular clothes and boots 100% US made. The stuff's expensive but I do think there's a need for it excited to see what they come out with.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

i have a pair of the everyday/work boots. They're comfortable and look good. I've only had them 6ish months so I don't know about longevity. I've gotten a couple compliments from strangers about how they look nice

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
I cant wait. I know the boutique chinese made camo is popular, but if you buy enough layers at chinese wal-mart its the same level of warmth but 20% of the cost. Not impressed with it.

I support American made goods and will happily pay.

z987k

WKR
Just looked into them. Really like the mission, and the stuff looks like it's really quality. I might give a pair a jeans a shot and go from there.

ffiivvee

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be interested to see the price of it all when it comes out and see peoples reaction to American Made goods and their associated prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z987k

WKR
I'll be interested to see the price of it all when it comes out and see peoples reaction to American Made goods and their associated prices

Look at their jeans. $99/pair. That's more than I've ever paid for a pair of jeans, I think by about 40%. So I'd expect to see a 20-40% premium on equal product.
Honestly I'll pay the 40% to ensure none of it was sourced or made in the PRC. A lot of people wont. I'm hoping it's of such superior quality, even at 40% more expensive, it's cheaper to own. I'm not so naive to think made in USA means the utmost quality. Just really hoping it does here.

That and won't I feel stupid when I know the bullets coming at us within the next decade were paid for by me. Literally anything I can do to buy not made in the PRC. It's like buying stuff from Germany in 1935.

eamyrick

WKR
Look at their jeans. $99/pair. That's more than I've ever paid for a pair of jeans, I think by about 40%. So I'd expect to see a 20-40% premium on equal product.
Honestly I'll pay the 40% to ensure none of it was sourced or made in the PRC. A lot of people wont. I'm hoping it's of such superior quality, even at 40% more expensive, it's cheaper to own. I'm not so naive to think made in USA means the utmost quality. Just really hoping it does here.

That and won't I feel stupid when I know the bullets coming at us within the next decade were paid for by me. Literally anything I can do to buy not made in the PRC. It's like buying stuff from Germany in 1935.
I got some of the jeans last Christmas and they are clearly worth $55 more than a pair of wranglers which has significantly gone down in quality. I carry a lot of tools in my pockets for work and my last two pair of wranglers have been full of holes in 6 months. The Origin jeans use jean material for the pockets which is awesome compared to thin cotton. They are a bit more athletic cut so I’m having to take a two week break from wearing them after Thanksgiving feasting!

ffiivvee

Lil-Rokslider

I've definitely paid around $100 for a pair of jeans before but they were buy one get one 50% off and they are one of the few brands (Lucky Brand) that I have found that fit my lower body well (due to sports and me being the opposite of most guys in the gym and skipping arm day to lift leg day, I've got a smaller waist but bigger thighs and calves).

I absolutely have no problem spending more for something if I know that it will be of a higher quality or make me more comfortable than a lesser priced item. Life is too short to force yourself to suffer just because you don't want to spend a few bucks extra (as long as the spending is within your means).

I definitely think that American made goods are of a higher quality but that just may be my experience. My T&K bino harness for example felt quality and as solid as a brick shit house as soon as I opened the box to take it out. There are others that I'm thinking (mainly tools) of but just can't remember at the moment but I know that they've been great and performed well for me as opposed to other brands.

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Origin Maine products are all high quality sourced and made in the USA. Jocko and Pete Anderson are doing some great things together.

Jocko just recently got into hunting and his hunting buddies are the who's who of bow hunting. Jocko has a history of turning his passions into business that are top notch. I'm looking forward to seeing what his hunting/military lineup of clothing will be.

Jeans and boots are excellent quality worth every penny. Had one pair of jeans for over a year, still look great. Boots need some time to get broke in but once they are they are great..Looking forward to more goods from them.

I will happily pay 40-60% more for a product if it means my fellow Americans have jobs.

Wonder how Sitka feels after giving him all that hunting gear. I don't own any of his stuff, but I'm sure it will be high quality and not cheap.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned their Gi's for years, boots, boots, jeans and hoodies too. You will pay more up front, no doubt, but it's about principle. Look around in your daily life, how many pairs of crappy throw-away clothing and footwear items have we owned? It's a mindset change for sure to go from 8 pairs of pants down to two, 4-5 hoodies to one etc. but it's worth it for the mission.

The customer service is exceptional as well; I've only had two issues on some articles and I sent it back in to be promptly repaired and returned. Try doing that with a pair of modern crappy Carhartt's.

The new camo line will come with an appropriate sticker shock, but i'm in regardless. As a collective, it's time to put our money wear our mouths are if we truly wish to be stewards of our environment and advocates of human rights.

big44a4

WKR
As others mentioned I’d be in if I fit the legs in the pants. Everything now days is made for stick people. I shouldn’t have to wear size 36 waist pants when I’m a true 31-32 comfortably.

92xj

WKR
I've been VERY slowly switching over to Forloh but I'm glad to see more companies entering this market. Actually having choices on what Made in America gear to buy is pretty dang exciting!!!
what pieces do you have so far? And what is your opinion on them?