Jocko Wilink releasing 100% US Clothing line.

bsnedeker

WKR
what pieces do you have so far? And what is your opinion on them?
So far I've only got the rain pants and one of their shirts...that's all I've needed to replace since I learned about them. Their gear is absolutely top notch in my opinion. The rain pants in particular are extremely well made and work extremely well. The only issue is they don't have Tall sizes in them yet, so I had to go up a size to get the inseam I need. It's fine because the waist has velcro adjustments so they work, but not ideal.

The next items I'm planning on getting are the softshell jacket and the vest. I've tried them on at the store in Whitefish and my neighbor owns them and absolutely loves them.

what pieces do you have so far? And what is your opinion on them?
You didn't ask me, but i have a full kit from them and the gear is very high quality and performs well. The puffy jacket is the only thing i have that i feel like they could improve, needs a hood and the fit is a tad too loose for me in large, the puffy vest is awesome tho, they use some cool tech in their stuff. The warm weather cooling hooded shirt actually does no shit get colder when its super hot and you start sweating bullets with a heavy pack on, plus it has uv and tick repellent. The stretch pants are slim fit which I like a lot. The rain gear is definitely the best ive tried, even tho its camo i much prefer the forloh to the arcteryx jacket and stone glacier m5 pants. Impressive since all my forloh is camo and the sitka camo jackets ive tried were 100% total junk comparatively in my opinion. Not to mention all the other above pieces i have/had to compare forloh to are made in communist countries. My wife and i are happy to see that they're making clothes for women(and kids) as well and we're planning to get her a full kit eventually, the made in America thing is important to us. We'll probably skip the bikini tho lol

Shutler

FNG
You didn't ask me, but i have a full kit from them and the gear is very high quality and performs well. The puffy jacket is the only thing i have that i feel like they could improve, needs a hood and the fit is a tad too loose for me in large, the puffy vest is awesome tho, they use some cool tech in their stuff. The warm weather cooling hooded shirt actually does no shit get colder when its super hot and you start sweating bullets with a heavy pack on, plus it has uv and tick repellent. The stretch pants are slim fit which I like a lot. The rain gear is definitely the best ive tried, even tho its camo i much prefer the forloh to the arcteryx jacket and stone glacier m5 pants. Impressive since all my forloh is camo and the sitka camo jackets ive tried were 100% total junk comparatively in my opinion. Not to mention all the other above pieces i have/had to compare forloh to are made in communist countries. My wife and i are happy to see that they're making clothes for women(and kids) as well and we're planning to get her a full kit eventually, the made in America thing is important to us. We'll probably skip the bikini tho lol
Been looking at Forloh myself, especially the pants. How might they compare in durability and tear resistance to the Kuiu Attack pants? Unfortunately purchased a couple pieces before knowing about Forloh. Looking to possibly upgrade a piece at a time.

Been looking at Forloh myself, especially the pants. How might they compare in durability and tear resistance to the Kuiu Attack pants? Unfortunately purchased a couple pieces before knowing about Forloh. Looking to possibly upgrade a piece at a time.
Having only used a few things from kuiu id have to say forloh is more durable so far. One stitch on a triple stitch started coming undone on my allclima pants after about the 30th day of wearing them when i snagged them crossing a barbwire fence. Not surprised by that, snagged my forloh pieces on tons of stuff this year with no holes or tears besides that one. The only things ive gotten from kuiu is a pack, a pair of attack pants and a pair of down ultra pants. All 3 of them ripped in places on my first trip using each them, and i didn't notice anything while hunting with them to make me think they shouldve ripped lol. Just discovered them later on. I feel like the kuiu stuff uses pretty good materials but is not very durable but many people like it. My main gripe with kuiu is that they, just like first lite, source and make everything in china and vietnam and market themselves as direct to consumer. Yet they charge the same prices as sitka which is marked way up for retail stores. Most of forlohs stuff isnt too much more or is similar price it seems

Shutler

FNG
Having only used a few things from kuiu id have to say forloh is more durable so far. One stitch on a triple stitch started coming undone on my allclima pants after about the 30th day of wearing them when i snagged them crossing a barbwire fence. Not surprised by that, snagged my forloh pieces on tons of stuff this year with no holes or tears besides that one. The only things ive gotten from kuiu is a pack, a pair of attack pants and a pair of down ultra pants. All 3 of them ripped in places on my first trip using each them, and i didn't notice anything while hunting with them to make me think they shouldve ripped lol. Just discovered them later on. I feel like the kuiu stuff uses pretty good materials but is not very durable but many people like it. My main gripe with kuiu is that they, just like first lite, source and make everything in china and vietnam and market themselves as direct to consumer. Yet they charge the same prices as sitka which is marked way up for retail stores. Most of forlohs stuff isnt too much more or is similar price it seems
I appreciate the feedback

Bluto

WKR
I’d be just as stoked if their hunting gear even skipped the added expense of the camo part. Yes, I have camo. I‘ve also pretty much stopped buying it. Brown seems to work fine. (Except turkey hunting. Sniper ghillie suit or bust, brah!)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Gulch Gear, Forloh, now Origin. Good to see competition in this space. Forloh really needs to hurry up with tall inseams

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
One of the latest Origin YT videos confirms that Kip Fulkes is working on the hunters lineup for Origin.

KHNC

WKR
I'll be interested to see the price of it all when it comes out and see peoples reaction to American Made goods and their associated prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cant be more than Kryptek charges for altitude shit.

Cant be more than Kryptek charges for altitude shit.
It's Europeeeeeeeeaaaaaaan fabric so of course it's expensive. Like the Mercedes Benz of materials to you uninformed peasants out there.

To properly read this post you must hold a cup of espresso with your pinky pointed out and your nose held high so you can look down it at anyone buying American made.

TheTone

WKR
They showed some camo the other day, looked like it was an original tiger stripe kinda pattern.

I’m sure this will be great gear for influencers hunting private land critters

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Having the camo pattern you own, put on someone else's product is money right into the bank.
They'll have their own pattern for sure.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
Screen grabs from an IG teaser.

Attachments

• E4DD81B1-2E50-4DF6-B3AE-FD0BE3AB2483.png
    E4DD81B1-2E50-4DF6-B3AE-FD0BE3AB2483.png
    828.8 KB · Views: 172
  • E0F09752-66A8-4E36-822F-54BA68EE74BD.png
    E0F09752-66A8-4E36-822F-54BA68EE74BD.png
    638.7 KB · Views: 173