Jocko Willink Origin Hunting Gear?

jmillr1

WKR
Forloh is based out of Whitefish, MT. 100% made and sourced in the US, with very high quality gear!
Yea I don't understand everyone saying they'll be all in to support made and sourced in the USA and Forloh has literally been around a while. I also like the patterns better than what Origin has showed

Yea I don't understand everyone saying they'll be all in to support made and sourced in the USA and Forloh has literally been around a while. I also like the patterns better than what Origin has showed
Yes i agree! and i am willing to bet that origin's materials will absolutely not be as technical as forlohs lol. Hopefully im wrong and they surprise me, it sure would be great to have more options made here. Forloh is doing things literally nobody else is doing with hunting clothes, on top of sourcing and making them here at competitive prices. Im not a fan of the origin camo pattern but id try a piece in solid if they made some that looked interesting

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Yes i agree! and i am willing to bet that origin's materials will absolutely not be as technical as forlohs lol. Hopefully im wrong and they surprise me, it sure would be great to have more options made here. Forloh is doing things literally nobody else is doing with hunting clothes, on top of sourcing and making them here at competitive prices. Im not a fan of the origin camo pattern but id try a piece in solid if they made some that looked interesting

Sadler

WKR
That and brands that brag about being 100% American made and then use camo that’s made overseas. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that one.

Origin looks like they combined the old school tiger stripe camo with ridge reaper. I kinda like it

Haters will hate it. Fanboys will love it.

The best fabrics and clothing manufacturers aren’t in the USA. Just like the best boots on average are made in Italy.

If they want to get in the whitetail market they should hire me. I’m not happy with anything from the high end brands currently LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not crazy about the pattern but don't hate it either...may not be ideal for the east. Interested in the fabric tech that they'll be using. On their IG live thing they did last night they said that some of the materials have never been made available to public before, only used in the military.

TX_Diver

WKR
I'm not crazy about the pattern but don't hate it either...may not be ideal for the east. Interested in the fabric tech that they'll be using. On their IG live thing they did last night they said that some of the materials have never been made available to public before, only used in the military.

Sounds expensive... But all the stuff is so I'd still rather buy something from Origin than most of the others.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
As someone who tests things for the military, this is not exactly blowing my mind.

Most military gear is chosen as the cheapest which meets a minimum requirement. To go outside that procurement system usually means breaking rules.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know. As a civilian I know nothing about that stuff. I assumed they would try to give our people in uniform the best shit, but maybe not.

Sadler

WKR

I’m really curious about that synthetic insulation they mentioned that was lighter and warmer than down.

InDeep

WKR
My guess is . All these guys from origan know how to wear good clothing, and know how to hunt . But wont stand a chance in making it . As for all the good fabrics are from oversea's. But there will be leg humpers that will buy it and say its better than most .

I was listening to the Jocko/ Joe Rogan podcast and it was mentioned that Origin, a company that Jocko is invested in, is working on technical hunting gear that is all made and sourced in the USA. Jocko mentioned he is hoping to have it out by Aug of '22, in time for western big game seasons. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the current dominators in the market such as sitka, kuiu, first lite etc. Did anyone else listen to that podcast? Would you buy the product given it was in line with or a little higher priced with what's on the market today? Jocko has been wearing sitka so I'm assuming whatever he comes up with will be as good or better. If this has already been brought up my apologies.
The clothing he makes comes with a built in alarm to make you get up at 0400 everyday and takes zero days off.

I had never heard of Forloh until it was mentioned in response to the Origin camo. Possibly this will be great for both brands!

American-sourced wool is a problem if you fancy yourself a sheep conservationist, considering the majority of wool comes from sheep in the Rocky Mountains.

American-sourced wool is a problem if you fancy yourself a sheep conservationist, considering the majority of wool comes from sheep in the Rocky Mountains.
I'm not sure I follow your comment. More demand for wool would increase the demand for domestic farmers to raise in order to sheer. I do not think that sheep conservationists would be against increased numbers of sheep, unless I am misunderstanding.