Joe Pickett TV show

weaver

WKR
The opening scene with the fake elk is terrible and it’s all downhill from there.
In the middle of reading the books and was really looking forward to the show but it’s a big let down imho.

Jbehredt

WKR
Box is so good a helping your imagination paint incredible pictures that a TV show or movie could never keep up.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll give it a few more episodes, but so far it doesn’t hold a candle stick to the books

RickH

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the fake tame elk with caribou antlers in the opening scene set the stage. Then he fired his revolver into the air and the hammer never moved, and more crap from there. You think they would have an advisor on set to make it more credible. I've enjoyed reading all the books and hope the show gets better.

Steelhead

FNG
The books are super fun and written with a clear experience of the intermountain west. Its a tall order for Hollywood to nail that vibe like Box does. Was hoping he'd have enough creative control over that to make the show non-cringy. Haven't seen it and not sure that I will bother. Noticed just from the previews they already "diversified" the characters which isn't a deal breaker...just waiting to find how which one of the good guys they'll make gay. ....Hollywood has made me so dang jaded LOL.

Pretty low budget, watched the first 2 episodes last night. I'll give it a couple more before I decide. I've read every one of the books over the years, so I'm looking at it through that lens.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
I shut my TV off in Feb. and won't likely re-start until October. Sounds like I won't be missing much if I can't see it. I never watched Big Sky, the other TV take off from Box's book, either.

Big Sky the show was pretty good, but that is one of the only books C.J. Box has written that I haven't read.

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
It's pretty bad acting all around. I got halfway through the first episode and turned it off due to how poor the show is compared too the books.

KHNC

WKR
damn, thats too bad. I am on book 8 and was looking forward to the show.

I will say that Missy is a dead ringer for the books, IMO. Mary Beth is pretty spot on as well. That's pretty much what/how I pictured both their characters to be in real life.

Wvroach

WKR
I have never read or even heard of the books until today.

I decided to watch the first episode and I feel like they missed a big opportunity with the show. The acting and effects are pretty bad.

If the director had just a little bit of knowledge or rural life, animals and how firearms functioned I could have looked past the other stuff.

I have never read or even heard of the books until today.

I decided to watch the first episode and I feel like they missed a big opportunity with the show. The acting and effects are pretty bad.

If the director had just a little bit of knowledge or rural life, animals and how firearms functioned I could have looked past the other stuff.
I would definitely recommend reading the books or listening to the audio books, if you're into reading that is.