Joe Pickett TV show

Wvroach

WKR
I would definitely recommend reading the books or listening to the audio books, if you're into reading that is.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
My nose spends way more time in books than it probably should. I see they are on audible as well which is great since I have a long commute. I'll check them out.

SouthPaw

WKR
I love the books, still working though them. Box is fantastic.

I got interested when I saw there was a show. Then I saw it was on Paramount+ and watched the trailer. Zero interest to even attempt the show, I know it'll ruin the rest of the books as I read them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
In reading the books it’s best to start with the first one and follow up in sequence. It makes more sense that way. I think there are about 20 of them, but easy reads.

Agreed on the books and also agree to try to read them in series it makes the task better. Interested if/when Nate is portrayed on the screen? Love the books not sure if I will look up the movie end though.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
The books are great.

Watched the first two episodes of the show….meh. Definitely need to have a better advisor on the set. Pretty low budget and disappointing. Give Joe a different freaking hat!

OP
Banded_spooney
Since I had to see for myself... First episode was hot garbage. The second episode I thought had many aspects of the book that got me interested in the first place. -- I'll give it a few more episodes before I bail entirely.

RMM

WKR
Agreed on the books and also agree to try to read them in series it makes the task better. Interested if/when Nate is portrayed on the screen? Love the books not sure if I will look up the movie end though.
I haven't watched the show but Nate is played by a black dude. I feel like its wrong because Box goes out of his way in damn near every book describing Nate as a guy with long blond hair with blue eyes and hawk like looks.

thuddome

FNG
Being born and raised in Wyoming, haven't read the books but watched the series, it's so completely inaccurate. You would think Hollywood would get the details right around Wyoming and a Game Warden. The only thing they get right is the color of his shirt and truck. In one episode they have him chasing an Ostrich around the 2 little old ladies house. That would never happen. Game Wardens have more authority than any other law enforcement and they portray Joe as this cowardly guy that everyone just beats up and laughs at, that would also never happen, they are very much respected in WY. Also I noticed most of the people portrayed as rednecks or hillbillys or whatever they're going for all speak with a southern drawl. We don't have "Deer Festivals" or crown a girl as "Miss Deer Festival". They also in one episode are asking people if they have a compound bow, I believe the response from the man was something like "I'm a man, I don't hunt with one of those things", fact is Wyoming is full of bow hunters and archers. There is an archery range and club in just about every city. Oh, I will give them credit for one line, we do say "shoot, shovel and shut-up"....

I just started reading the series, I’d read one of the “highway” series and made the mistake of watching Big Sky and now it’s effed up the books a little for me so I’d already decided not to watch the Joe Picket series until I’d finished the books. Sucks that it sounds like they screwed up the possibility of a good TV show, to bad Tyler Sheridan didn’t get ahold of it

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
I keep trying to slog through it. I haven't read the books, don't read a lot of fiction, so didn't have any reference beforehand. When I saw the CGI elk it pretty much torpedoed any hopes of it being great. Story is good, but some of the actors just don't fit their character. Joe, his wife, and his MIL are all good. The one that gets me is the Vern character. I can't remember David Alan Grier ever playing a serious part.