Joe Rogan and Pot

Joe is a free man like any one of us so Joe does as Joe wishes and I don't care. I don't smoke weed but don't see harm for an individual properly educated and with common sense to take a pull here and there at home as long as used in safe limits and not endangering others, heck I like my cold one after a long day. Look at it like firearms, lots would argue firearms kill people and should be taken away when we know an individual properly trained and with the use of common sense will use a firearm safely for self defense, recreation and to feed his/her family. Don't let the few bad apples ruin everyone's right to live. I'm all for not letting the government control others lives especially my own. Done babbling.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Exactly what you said. He is an intelligent man, and in pretty good shape for his age.

Pretty good shape for his age….I’d say excellent shape for nearly any age, the guy is an absolute beast.

And he basically got the master class on hunting, going hunting with guys like rinella and hanes while getting archery lessons from John Dudley…and his true super power….$$$

TheGDog

WKR
Some people can quit or only smoke on occasions but many are nut jobs today and the life style ruined their lives before the even started.

This is an interesting ponderance. And indeed, pretty sure I understand what you mean. Of course, we don't know all the particulars of the person(s) you have in mind. But be that as it may, I have to wonder here about the definition of "ruined" in each instance. As an example, a thought that immediately comes to my mind is,

"Well, Ok... but let's run with the thought of... What would have happened to their lives had they NOT found this med?"

Here me out, not trying to necessarily stir the pot here... more like put things into perspective.

It's sorta no secret that persons who, perhaps not even knowing it themselves, but that may happen to fall somewhere within the spectrum of the DMSR's description of Depression or Anxiety... on average, you might say, are sorta more inclined to self-medicate than average folk. I think most of us would agree with this assertion, yes?

As such, what MIGHT have happened for such a person?... had they not found a med which gave them relief? What possible worse fate/choices/destinies might have befallen them if they did not find something which helped them internally "take it down a notch"?

With a different mental state and decision driving matrix than yourself... constantly exerting an internal pressure within them.... it begs the thought of...

"Well, what kind of trouble might they have gotten themselves into for their actions/choices had they, for example, acted on the impulses a state of Depression or Anxiety possibly would have invoked within them?" I hope you can see where I'm going here. I certainly know personally how powerful those forces inside can feel internally. And it freaking sucks.

It's all about perspective right? One person says "ruined". But what is that other persons definition of "ruined"? Hrmm? From within this afflicted persons perspective, I hazard to guess that even if this path has led to some potential missed opportunities for them. At least they didn't lash-out and hurt somebody during a moment of built-up internal pressure. See where I'm going with this?

I know and understand that it all depends on the individual. But my point just is that if a persons own individual makeup is such that them and weed ended up finding each other, and... as *think* you are describing finding each other a freaking lot (to that point and level where the apathy gets to a problematic level). I'm just saying it's been my observation that such a wake-and-bake person sure seems to always have bigger problems going on inside. As is evidenced by the impulse control, and exacerbated pleasure-seeking tendencies the escape of that altered state provides for them. The outward affinity to seek-out self-medication to such a constant level... to me... indicates bigger problems to address inside. And sometimes... such a person needs the kick in the butt that a missed opportunity may provide them in order to ignite a fire under their butt. Whether that be a missed career opportunity... or a Hottie they found themselves enamored with that wasn't cool with their level of consumption. (Note this is NOT my storyline either) My point being either they are eventually going to have a wake-up call moment... possibly much longer into the future than you or I. Or.... if they aren't... it still might not necessarily be a bad thing. As long as they are happier than they would have been if they elected to pursue somebody else definition of what happiness is. Hope that made sense.

EDIT: For myself personally? The trend so far as been....hrmm... I'd say typically like once every five years or so I'll have a period of indulgence for a bit. And more often than not, it's as the holidays are approaching. They are an awkward time for myself, because for the rest of the world... it's about visiting family, etc. etc. And we do visit Mama's family. But... it was during that time of year when some events happened I finally had my epiphany about my own immediate blood family relatives and the people involved with birthing me into this world. And while I understand my own personal choice to sever all ties with them was sound and logical and necessary and for my own betterment, doesn't make it feel any better when you've got this societal norm cyclically popping up every damn year to remind you about it. Such as the well-intentioned conversation starting questions of others just trying to be the nice people they are and show that they care at these various gatherings. I know and understand that they don't know the particulars. But doesn't mean it makes ya feel any better about it inside. Thankfully though my son is a huge ray of sunshine that makes all those prior decisions worth it.

Last edited:
We need more people with a voice like him,most celebrities are just pussys!While I don’t agree with some of his stances I do appreciate his and enjoy listening to him.

Squamch

WKR
I think people who don't use dope should stop telling other people how bad dope is. And people who do use dope should stop telling everyone else how amazing dope is. Deal?

Sounds like a plan, but I don't think there a whole lot of people praising dope. Most folks have figured out that even the synthetic opiates are a dangerous road.

I would go for the same deal you describe for weed though.

TheGDog

WKR
Ugh. Don't get me started on how Gawd Damned annoying it is all the clamp-down crap they're doing re: obtaining opiates from your Doctor. Soo annoying that these dumb@$$es always clamp down on the good people with their rules and laws. And it does D!ck for helping the problem of these hypes that can't control themselves.

Makes it a total PITA for those of us who have legit needs.

When I go into the woods, currently I bring Tylenol #3's which have codeine in them. Only because I know it's a weaker compound so the Docs won't get all weird about me asking for it. I explain it's for the hike-out, etc. I'd prefer it to be something more effective like a Percoset where just 1 or 2 would handle it very well. But hey, for now I'll take what I can get.

I'm going to try to stick it out for this season. Continuing on as I do with my daily Celebrex (had Rheumatic fever as a kid and all those years of Weight-Lifting and DirtBikes and sedentary job have taken their toll), supplemented with crap-tons of Advil. My goto when in the house is 6 x 200mg at a whack if I need it some days. Out there I do 12 at a time in order to ease the swelling that happens in my lumbar/saccral discs. Which reminds me, I need to buy another TENS e-Stim unit. The one I had for years the USB port finally went bad.

We'll see what happens. I'm going to try to exhaust every other route I can besides surgery. But I feel pretty sure that eventually surgery will be reqd. Gotta friend whose a beast with his training. Coder like me. He had to have similar surgery and he's back at it re: training, so gonna hit up his Back Dr.

Ugh. Don't get me started on how Gawd Damned annoying it is all the clamp-down crap they're doing re: obtaining opiates from your Doctor. Soo annoying that these dumb@$$es always clamp down on the good people with their rules and laws. And it does D!ck for helping the problem of these hypes that can't control themselves.

Makes it a total PITA for those of us who have legit needs.

When I go into the woods, currently I bring Tylenol #3's which have codeine in them. Only because I know it's a weaker compound so the Docs won't get all weird about me asking for it. I explain it's for the hike-out, etc. I'd prefer it to be something more effective like a Percoset where just 1 or 2 would handle it very well. But hey, for now I'll take what I can get.

I'm going to try to stick it out for this season. Continuing on as I do with my daily Celebrex (had Rheumatic fever as a kid and all those years of Weight-Lifting and DirtBikes and sedentary job have taken their toll), supplemented with crap-tons of Advil. My goto when in the house is 6 x 200mg at a whack if I need it some days. Out there I do 12 at a time in order to ease the swelling that happens in my lumbar/saccral discs. Which reminds me, I need to buy another TENS e-Stim unit. The one I had for years the USB port finally went bad.

We'll see what happens. I'm going to try to exhaust every other route I can besides surgery. But I feel pretty sure that eventually surgery will be reqd. Gotta friend whose a beast with his training. Coder like me. He had to have similar surgery and he's back at it re: training, so gonna hit up his Back Dr.
I broke the junction between L5 and S1 several years ago and I literally fell your pain. When it "goes out" I'm damn near immobile until I can get the swelling down. So while I operate like normal 99% of the time, I have a fear of it happening in the backcountry. I've been considering adding some high doses of prednisone to my kit, just in case.

TheGDog

WKR
I broke the junction between L5 and S1 several years ago and I literally fell your pain. When it "goes out" I'm damn near immobile until I can get the swelling down. So while I operate like normal 99% of the time, I have a fear of it happening in the backcountry. I've been considering adding some high doses of prednisone to my kit, just in case.
Hmmph... damn... thanks for mentioning that. That's a damn good idea the prednisone.

The inspiration for me pestering my Doc for an opiate is both the Back issue AND... I had THIS happen while out in the field the day after Christmas 2015 simple slip-and-fall while crossing a creek on the backs of stones, so I learned, the very very hard and painful way... that it is a DAMN good idea to have an industrial strength pain med with you when you're in the field!
12-27-2015 2-56-24 PM.jpg

Which.... to fix it required 13 screws and a plate. Which is still in there today.
WP_20160105_001.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Hmmph... damn... thanks for mentioning that. That's a damn good idea the prednisone.

The inspiration for me pestering my Doc for an opiate is both the Back issue AND... I had THIS happen while out in the field the day after Christmas 2015 simple slip-and-fall while crossing a creek on the backs of stones, so I learned, the very very hard and painful way... that it is a DAMN good idea to have an industrial strength pain med with you when you're in the field!
View attachment 301468

Which.... to fix it required 13 screws and a plate. Which is still in there today.
View attachment 301469
Ouch! Hell, they should have gone the entire lower arm; bionic strength! 😁

TheGDog

WKR
I’m as conservative as they come. Here’s my take.

I used to be strictly against the recreational use of marijuana. I’m still not for it so to speak because I think it’s wrong to get stoned. Just like it’s wrong to get drunk. I get that from the Bible. Not my own conjuring.

Genesis 1:12 "I have given you all the seed-bearing plants and herbs to use."

TheGDog

WKR
Ouch! Hell, they should have gone the entire lower arm; bionic strength! 😁
Brother... with all the BMX/MTB/DirtBike/Moto riding I've done, I'm no stranger to crashes... but damn man... that one soo freaking hurt. I dunno probably because you've got all those nerves running thru to your hand thru that choke point.

P.S. For Sh*ts and giggles, try raising up a Marlin 336 rifle and aim it at something with just one hand. And THAT'S why I now always have the pistol with me too.

TheGDog

WKR
As for those who abuse weed or alcohol or opioids or twinkies, ... you will always have people who can’t handle life and who turn to substance abuse or magical thinking for comfort.

OH man.. dude.. I like it! I LOL'd at "magical thinking" as I know exactly what you're referring to HA!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said you would be OK with alcohol becoming illegal because your brothers are alcoholics…so you would be ok with everybody else losing their right to drink alcohol because of your family problems.

People like you need to understand that it isn’t the duty of society to suffer for those who can’t control themselves.

Take away alcohol from people who have done no wrong because some people are alcoholics…

Take away guns from people who have never harmed or ever intended to harm anybody because there’s a few nut jobs out there…

Throw people in prison for smoking weed when they get home from work on a Friday because some people smoke all day and do t want to get jobs.

I’m his shit is getting ridiculous and when people make statements like you have they need to be called out and embarrassed in public. Honestly, you should be ashamed. Blame your brothers, don’t go supporting the loss of rights for normal citizens.

TheGDog

WKR
I’m his shit is getting ridiculous and when people make statements like you have they need to be called out and embarrassed in public. Honestly, you should be ashamed. Blame your brothers, don’t go supporting the loss of rights for normal citizens.

Hey Brother... comin' from a place of love... It's kinda not cool to be all "Honestly, you should be ashamed."

I get what you're trying to convey. But, for example, a better way to convey it might be something like "You should really re-consider your stance on <??>, and here's why...." then say the other stuff.

Cause the moment you say a sentence like you did there, BOOM, immediately the discourse becomes adversarial, a me vs you thing, and mentally the other guy stonewalls, and ain't a damn thing you're gonna say after that is gonna actually penetrate and take root in the other persons mind if you lead-in with an aggro phrasing like that. Kinda of a "You can catch more flies with Honey, than you can with Vinegar" type of deal. Hell, just ask any (successfully) Married man, they'll tell ya how (un) well that works.

Yeah... call em out in public. But don't start off with trying to "embarrass" them. I mean think about it. You ain't trying to embarrass him. The end result is trying to get the guy to see the erroneous logic they displayed and the evident truth in what you are then presenting to them.

Even Better? Try writing a sentence that starts off with something like "Wait...I'm confused about something, can you Help me here?" and then say something like "I thought that <state your point>. Am I wrong here?" It immediately sorta takes the blame-game off the other guy in a clever way. All the while bringing to light the folly in their assertion. But you're not putting 'em on the spot like that. You're shifting the spotlight over to yourself. So they're a bazillion times more mentally receptive to what you're sayin'.

Try it sometime. It really works! Not at all saying I consistently employ these tricks... but.. I learned a lot of em off the former President of the company, who was a Grand-Wizard at Schmoozing! Like he had it down to an Art Form. And they really do work.

It's the same reason why people like self-deprecating humor. Do you really think the comedian is or does all those dumb things they are saying? No. It's just a clever way to bring those observations to light.... get the other guy to think about em.... without it being confrontational. Win-Win.

Last edited:

Kilboars

WKR
You said you would be OK with alcohol becoming illegal because your brothers are alcoholics…so you would be ok with everybody else losing their right to drink alcohol because of your family problems.

People like you need to understand that it isn’t the duty of society to suffer for those who can’t control themselves.

Take away alcohol from people who have done no wrong because some people are alcoholics…

Take away guns from people who have never harmed or ever intended to harm anybody because there’s a few nut jobs out there…

Throw people in prison for smoking weed when they get home from work on a Friday because some people smoke all day and do t want to get jobs.

Relax.....just breath.......it’ll be ok. It’s Friday

The point I was making is more about how Bourdon, red wine and now GMO weed isn’t that big of a deal to me and so if they took it away I’d be fine. It wouldn’t change my life or ruin my Friday’s.

The whole world shut down and stayed inside for over a year because some people could die if they caught the COVID-19.

Most people would never think of sneaking into a foreign country illegally. And yet countries need to build walls.

I’m remember when medical marijuana was being pushed in California and we all thought what a joke it was. Fast forward and now we all can’t live without the recreational marijuana.

Why dont we be a more little progressive and jump right to the recreational fentanyl and crack debate.

It’s a forum. I’m just saying what’s on my mind from my perspective. None of us are getting out of this thing alive.

Mtnboy

WKR
Relax.....just breath.......it’ll be ok. It’s Friday

The point I was making is more about how Bourdon, red wine and now GMO weed isn’t that big of a deal to me and so if they took it away I’d be fine. It wouldn’t change my life or ruin my Friday’s.

The whole world shut down and stayed inside for over a year because some people could die if they caught the COVID-19.

Most people would never think of sneaking into a foreign country illegally. And yet countries need to build walls.

I’m remember when medical marijuana was being pushed in California and we all thought what a joke it was. Fast forward and now we all can’t live without the recreational marijuana.

Why dont we be a more little progressive and jump right to the recreational fentanyl and crack debate.

It’s a forum. I’m just saying what’s on my mind from my perspective. None of us are getting out of this thing alive.

Well, if you really think about it, Fentanyl and Crack are more like alcohol than they are Marijuana.

The first 3 have to be created using science and manufacturing techniques. Marijuana, well that shit grows straight outta the ground, maybe that’s why it’s call “weed”.

Pretty eye opening just how effectively folks were able to be brainwashed when it comes to Weed.

Kilboars

WKR
Well, if you really think about it, Fentanyl and Crack are more like alcohol than they are Marijuana.

The first 3 have to be created using science and manufacturing techniques. Marijuana, well that shit grows straight outta the ground, maybe that’s why it’s call “weed”.

Pretty eye opening just how effectively folks were able to be brainwashed when it comes to Weed.

The funked up weed their selling these days is all jacked up with GMO and chemical nutrients. The plants don’t even have seeds. It’s far more potent than a good old stuff from the 70s.