Jogging/exercising with a handgun.

Broomd

WKR
I packed today while exercising and will henceforth. That may sound paranoid, but the more I see (and read), the less that I trust people. And the amount of scumbag road-hunters is alarming lately, seeing someone poach or do something illegal might prove hazardous to the person who witnessed said act....

All of my handguns are Ti and light. Didn't even know I was wearing the .44 special today for a two mile run, and it didn't bounce at all around my waist...I intend to pack with it most of the time anymore.

Anyone else carry when you hit the road?

Last edited:

CHSD

WKR
What holster are you guys using? I've tried running with a pistol and it bounced everywhere and I was worried about it the entire time.

I use a tactical cheat rig made by spiritual systems. I carry my AR mags in it, pistol, binos, whatever. It’s pretty modular.7AB7734E-99FE-458F-9904-E237B9A09241.jpeg

Last edited:

slvrslngr

WKR
I use a HPG recon kit bag. It’s not a perfect solution but is pretty good. I like that the weapon is totally concealed but still easy to access.

Last edited:
The LCP 380 fits well in a waistband type water bottle holder. I ran over 1,000 miles last year and didn't carry much, but the trail runs aren't a bad place to pack.

Luckyrxc

FNG
Menhaden, would you share the model water bottle pack you are using?

for the last several months I’ve been carrying an LCP in an Osprey Duro 1.5 running hydration vest. I drop the LCP in the top left pocket and keep it from going too deep with a zip tie.
I carry with the pipe empty. I tried using the zipper pocket but was g eating a bruised rib.

Stalker69

WKR
Smart carry, you can carry in no matter what clothes you wear. No need for belt, so you can carry in sweat pants, shorts, trunks, what ever you want.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
What holster are you guys using? I've tried running with a pistol and it bounced everywhere and I was worried about it the entire time.
Uncle Mikes....#3 maybe?
I used an elastic type belt cinced up snug and put my fleece vest over the top half of the holster and it was solid for running..never knew it was there.

Menhaden, would you share the model water bottle pack you are using?

for the last several months I’ve been carrying an LCP in an Osprey Duro 1.5 running hydration vest. I drop the LCP in the top left pocket and keep it from going too deep with a zip tie.
I carry with the pipe empty. I tried using the zipper pocket but was g eating a bruised rib.

Can’t recall the brand offhand but it’s one of the types you can see at the links below. You’ll have to check space in the pocket though - I have a two bottle model that won’t fit much more than a phone.

GLB

WKR
Yes all the time, i don’t run anymore (except for hill sprints) but hike with a weighted pack. I carry mostly a G20 10mm in a HillPeople Gear chest rig. I carry conceal all the time with other handguns but the 10mm is mainly for bears. We have a lot of brown bears in my area, in fact I’m not surprised to see one in my yard in the summer time.

I would caution you to be careful doing a lot of running with a handgun on your side as it could be bad for your back. 20 years of Army and 12 years in my other career wearing a duty belt and having to run from time to time has done some damage to my lower back.

Lawnboi

WKR
After getting chased by people’s dogs too many times trail running I bought a hill people gear snubby runners harness. Throw the Glock in it and go for a run.

*zap*

WKR
Camelbak Mule, not ideal but it holds a handgun well if you secure a holster in the admin pocket.

Hey Lucky, I’m back home and here’s another cheap one off Amazon (maybe $20?) - Freeto. It’s got decent storage for a small pistol but anything larger wouldn’t work. Here’s a pic with a EC9 (my LCP is in the glovebox and it fits better). A little tight but works well when I’m scrambling the canyon behind my house. Nice water bottle holder better than those belts with two small bottles.

Can’t recall the brand offhand but it’s one of the types you can see at the links below. You’ll have to check space in the pocket though - I have a two bottle model that won’t fit much more than a phone.

Attachments

• 0CAC4A59-7709-4B7A-8A13-46EF2DA5B7EE.jpeg
    0CAC4A59-7709-4B7A-8A13-46EF2DA5B7EE.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 4CF1D98B-383C-4051-A6B5-A4D076CEADB3.jpeg
    4CF1D98B-383C-4051-A6B5-A4D076CEADB3.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 49

bdg848

WKR
134150134151Unless I'm swimming, I'm carrying. When I'm doing light to moderate exercise I carry in a fanny pack. Say what you will but it's the most comfortable way I've carried. When I'm doing more extreme exercise, I carry a pocket .380

I would caution you to be careful doing a lot of running with a handgun on your side as it could be bad for your back. 20 years of Army and 12 years in my other career wearing a duty belt and having to run from time to time has done some damage to my lower back.

I'll echo the advise on hurting your back while carrying on your side. This has been my experience as well over the last 20 years or so.

Even a "fanny pack" is a no go for me considering the bounciness. I've found that the Hill People Gear kit bags are the most comfortable and accessible for me. Currently, I'm using the snubby kit bag and a Sig P320 compact.