Jogging/exercising with a handgun.

Stalker69

WKR
Yea packs are way to floppy , bulky, obvious. And it’s not comfortable toting them around. Tried it it was a pain, didn’t carry a lot because of it. Now I can wear shorts no shirt , not have any thing strapped on the out side of my clothes, hanging flopping around. And I can run, bike ride, gym work out, stand on my hands really anything and not have an issue when carrying.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I custom built a holster out of a belly band, kydex trigger guard and a carriage bolt and fasteners for a G19. It worked better than anything else I tried and afforded room for an extra magazine and my ID.

Antler57

FNG
size and weight of pistol will be the biggest factor. I carry the Springfield 911 9mm cocked and locked in a keyhole NANO TUCK-N-HIDE HYBRID HOLSTER

twall13

WKR
I saw the Hill People Gear kit bags mentioned a few times. For those that use them, do they bounce much when running? I've carried a few times in my running belt but it's far from ideal when running and I typically leave it at home for that reason. When I'm hiking carrying is a no brainer, but I haven't found a solution I'm happy with for running as of yet though I have plenty of reasons to bring the pistol along.

*zap*

WKR
I simply find a good way to carry an easily accessible handgun at all times it is legal for me to do so.

I saw the Hill People Gear kit bags mentioned a few times. For those that use them, do they bounce much when running? I've carried a few times in my running belt but it's far from ideal when running and I typically leave it at home for that reason. When I'm hiking carrying is a no brainer, but I haven't found a solution I'm happy with for running as of yet though I have plenty of reasons to bring the pistol along.

Mine doesn’t bounce much at all when carrying my P320 compact, and I notice no bounce with anything smaller. With the P320 it’s more of an up and down slide rather than bounce.

I have the runners kit bag with the elastic cord that attaches on the bottom. Without the elastic cord I think the bounce would be noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Mine doesn’t bounce much at all when carrying my P320 compact, and I notice no bounce with anything smaller. With the P320 it’s more of an up and down slide rather than bounce.

I have the runners kit bag with the elastic cord that attaches on the bottom. Without the elastic cord I think the bounce would be noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate the feedback. I'll have to take a closer look at the runners kit bag.

Lawnboi

WKR
FC8C42BD-E631-4E50-AC05-1E8D2BCF3ABC.jpeg
@twall13
Iv got the snubby kit bag, been using it for the last year with no plans of replacing it. It doesn’t bounce much when running, I got the runners harness bungee deal that I never use as well. Definetly helps to keep a smaller/lighter firearm in it. With a fully loaded Glock 29 w/extended mag and extension it’s definitely noticeable and not the most comfortable running. With the Glock 43 in it it’s a dream to carry and rides great.

I also picked up the little kydex trigger guards for my 29 and 43 for use in the harness, just for peace of mind.

Been wearing it all winter XC skiing. Gets some weird looks but it’s nice to be able to carry and not be jamming a gun in a sweaty wasteband or on a floppy belt.

On top of carrying the gun, it’s also great for holding a phone, keys, wallet or some TP.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
View attachment 155656
@twall13
Iv got the snubby kit bag, been using it for the last year with no plans of replacing it. It doesn’t bounce much when running, I got the runners harness bungee deal that I never use as well. Definetly helps to keep a smaller/lighter firearm in it. With a fully loaded Glock 29 w/extended mag and extension it’s definitely noticeable and not the most comfortable running. With the Glock 43 in it it’s a dream to carry and rides great.

I also picked up the little kydex trigger guards for my 29 and 43 for use in the harness, just for peace of mind.

Been wearing it all winter XC skiing. Gets some weird looks but it’s nice to be able to carry and not be jamming a gun in a sweaty wasteband or on a floppy belt.

On top of carrying the gun, it’s also great for holding a phone, keys, wallet or some TP.
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed Hill People Gear was at the Expo last weekend so I paid them a visit and ended up purchasing a runner's kit bag. I'm still playing around with it but I really like it in theory. I'll need some additional experimenting with it before I know for sure if it's the solution I'm hoping it is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
No one using the gunfighters inc kenai holster? I carry my G20 hiking and hunting in one and never have issues with it moving. Most times I forget I have it on my chest when I finally get back to the truck.

AndySee

FNG
I custom built a holster out of a belly band, kydex trigger guard and a carriage bolt and fasteners for a G19. It worked better than anything else I tried and afforded room for an extra magazine and my ID.

Homemade is the way to go, especially if it doesn't bounce. Got any photos?

Wingnutt

FNG
Hiking I use a safari land, but for running I've found a belly band to be the most comfortable and secure. It fits a lcp with pocket clip up to glock 27.

twall13

WKR
I thought I'd follow up on this thread now that I've had a few weeks of use with the Hill People Gear runners kit bag. I've tried it with a couple of different pistols and both with and without the runner's bungee cord. It's definitely more comfortable with a lighter weight sub-compact pistol but it's livable even with my full sized XD 9mm. I also think I prefer using the bungee, even though I can feel it digging into my back a bit, it does help stabilize the pack. I haven't been able to rig it so it's so comfortable I forget it's there, but it's also not overly uncomfortable and it's made packing a concealed pistol on trail runs a lot more manageable. I do start to feel a pressure point on the center of my chest on 6+ mile runs, but again, it's not too bad. I may try to add a small foam insert behind the pistol and see if that helps comfort. Overall it's the best solution I've come up with and I plan to continue using it. Thanks for the recommendation to all who brought it up in this thread.

blackdawg

WKR
I got the recon bag for my new glock 20 10mm. First trail run 3 miles, painful rubbing of the chest. What are you doing to keep this from bouncing and the pistol from moving, it has more volume than I expected when ordered.

twall13

WKR
I got the recon bag for my new glock 20 10mm. First trail run 3 miles, painful rubbing of the chest. What are you doing to keep this from bouncing and the pistol from moving, it has more volume than I expected when ordered.
I have the runners kit bag, so it came with a bungee I can run across the bottom to help stabilize things. I do run the whole rig high and tight and it really doesn't bounce at all. With it being pulled tight as it wraps around my chest the pistol doesn't shift inside the bag. I do get a bit of pressure on the center of my chest but even on runs up to 9 miles it hasn't been enough to be a deal breaker for me. Not sure I'd feel the same wearing it for a marathon but it's been a good solution for me on my typical runs. I've also noticed I dont like a ton of other junk in the front pouch when running as it adds pressure to the pistol pushing into my chest. I'd carry more there on a hike, but not for running. Play around with how you have the harness positioned and how tight it is and see if you can dial I'm a better fit. I'm still pretty new to using it but I haven't had the pain you described.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk