Jogging/exercising with a handgun.

I packed today while exercising and will henceforth. That may sound paranoid, but the more I see (and read), the less that I trust people. And the amount of scumbag road-hunters is alarming lately, seeing someone poach or do something illegal might prove hazardous to the person who witnessed said act....

All of my handguns are Ti and light. Didn't even know I was wearing the .44 special today for a two mile run, and it didn't bounce at all around my waist...I intend to pack with it most of the time anymore.

Anyone else carry when you hit the road?
How are you carrying while running? Ive been wanting to for a bit

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Funny you ask, I just got back from a jog: and yes, I was healed......had the trusted Smith Titanium 396 .44 spcl on me. I wear an elastic-style belt with the holster and a semi-snug, long poly shirt which keeps it firm against my hip.
So far, so good.

Last edited:

stonewall

WKR
I'll have to come back and read closer for some of your ideas. I just started carrying pepperspray because I got tried of dealing with dogs. I hit one with a rock one time. In a different area, I had 3 great pyrenees and 2 german shepherds follow along with me behind a pretty pathetic fence - that little canister of pepper spray likely would have been worthless had they been serious

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Sig P365 with a kydex ITWB holster and a belt. Been doing it so long I sometimes forget its there....

blackdawg

WKR
I'll have to come back and read closer for some of your ideas. I just started carrying pepperspray because I got tried of dealing with dogs. I hit one with a rock one time. In a different area, I had 3 great pyrenees and 2 german shepherds follow along with me behind a pretty pathetic fence - that little canister of pepper spray likely would have been worthless had they been serious

Bear spray has been the ticket on dogs that attack me , I carry it when riding the road bike and have used it a couple of times , once on multiple dogs. It really nails them and they seem to permanently disappear when I ride past again. I stop,then quickly dismount to defend myself and Do Not Give Ground! Maybe if a griz comes after me again my reflexes will be sharp from practicing on free ranging mutts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started to use an elastic belt system by Unity Tactical. The Clutch is their belt line and has a series of elastic pockets with Velcro sewn inside to secure holsters and mags. I run my G26 with an AIWB holster, one mag, my phone and my wallet. I can wear it under a loose T-shirt and stay fairly well concealed and still be able to get to it.

I packed today while exercising and will henceforth. That may sound paranoid, but the more I see (and read), the less that I trust people. And the amount of scumbag road-hunters is alarming lately, seeing someone poach or do something illegal might prove hazardous to the person who witnessed said act....

All of my handguns are Ti and light. Didn't even know I was wearing the .44 special today for a two mile run, and it didn't bounce at all around my waist...I intend to pack with it most of the time anymore.

Anyone else carry when you hit the road?

More good responsible people with guns is better for everyone. I say pack as often as you can. Since our criminal justice system fails good people on a regular basis, it’s the only real crime deterrent.

I carry my wife's G43 in a Crossbreed belly band for jogs. It works great! Spare mag in my pocket. It carries the Sig 365 good too but that heavier gun bounces a little more than I like. It won't go anywhere but its just not as stable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JD7721

WKR
Depends on where i will be running. Inner city or road runs i will. I will even pack it during rucks.

A couple years ago i had an incident while running on a rural road at night. A car stopped on a single lane bridge and one of the occupants from inside the car yelled at me. Not bothered by their ignorance i continued my run outbound. After making it to my out mark, i started my return trip. Not far from the half way point, i saw the head lights of a vehicle turn from the adjacent roadway. I then heard 2 gunshots. The vehicle then passed me driving in the middle of the roadway at a high speed. Just after the car passed me i heard another gun shot. I called it in hoping that a sheriffs deputy was in the area and might be able to get the vehicle stopped. I didnt know at the time but i actually ran right past that same vehicle that was parked in its driveway at the single lane bridge after all this. Law Enforcement made contact with the residents of the house that the car was parked at. The same vehicle that stopped to yell at me was the same vehicle that was shooting road signs. The shooter said that he didnt know that i was still in the area when he was shooting his shotgun out the passenger window at the signs.

I felt like the vehicles occupants were just trying to induce fear and scare me. Didnt work. i was ready for a fight but I did not want to give up the element of surprise that i was carrying carrying that night and was ready for the worst if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Simple, “Smart Carry “ look them up. You can carry regardless of what your wearing.

I have been using a HPG Runners Kit bag for a couple months now. Works really well, especially if you add something like your phone and wallet in the front pocket. I usually have my glock 26 in the back pocket towards the right and I put the other items in the front pocket to the left. Seems to limit the movement of the pistol when I organize it this way.