John Stallone's Podcast archery & tuning

BSeals71

WKR
Thanks Shane! Great info to learn from as always.

Definitely worth checking out guys.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Going to shoot some bare shafts tomorrow

Start at 10 yards then progress back
Learn how to read entry into the target in relation to fletched. Then make adjustments accordingly.
20 yards is generally all I do for tuning purposes.

When things are working together, tune and archer you can really hone in on repeatability.

Here's 35 yards from the other day

99ca20e4e257d2b1315162cba6b4a911.jpg

Broadheads are on the money, even at 320 fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome shooting.
I have a lot to learn.
Is there a chart that says if your bare shaft is tail high and left do this etc...?
Thanks

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
That's awesome shooting.
I have a lot to learn.
Is there a chart that says if your bare shaft is tail high and left do this etc...?
Thanks

Post some pics starting at 10 yards along with bow make and model. From there I can get you going in the right direction.
Current tune settings would be very helpful as well

Post some pics starting at 10 yards along with bow make and model. From there I can get you going in the right direction.
Current tune settings would be very helpful as well

Shane I am a believer in bareshaft tuning, and I know you are as well. But it does take a decent amount of skill and practice to make it reliable for a shooter, especially days or weeks later. How do you judge if a guys skill level is high enough that the bareshaft results can be counted on?

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
John Stallone's Podcast archery & tuning

Shane I am a believer in bareshaft tuning, and I know you are as well. But it does take a decent amount of skill and practice to make it reliable for a shooter, especially days or weeks later. How do you judge if a guys skill level is high enough that the bareshaft results can be counted on?

I used to feel the same way but over the last 7 years or so I have taught guys anywhere from seasoned veterans to guys just getting into the sport with very good success.

It's really not that hard if one is open to learn. The biggest key is reading if it's archer related or tune related. Then making the adjustments appropriately. Have done enough of them over the years I can generally determine that fairly well nowadays.

Here is two 10 yard bare shafts shots.
I'll be the first to say that my form and execution is far from perfect.

Bow it carbon defiant 70lbs with fmj 340s. Ripcord drop away. Tuned by a friend. Leveled arrow and set center shot.

Thanks for offering your advise John.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR

Here is two 10 yard bare shafts shots.
I'll be the first to say that my form and execution is far from perfect.

Bow it carbon defiant 70lbs with fmj 340s. Ripcord drop away. Tuned by a friend. Leveled arrow and set center shot.

Thanks for offering your advise John.

I need what the bareshaft entry looks like in relation to the fletched. So shoot a bareshaft first and then a fletched aiming at the same spot

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Let me know if you were shooting straight on at the target and aiming at the middle ? If your entry is that angled at 10 yards I would hold off shooting any others until a few adjustments are made. The FMJ's can bend rather easy and if the angle is that severe I wouldn't want you to damage any.

Keep me posted

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
That is a severe angle so make sure you spin them to check for any that may be bent.

You need some tweaking for sure

Now list all your tune settings, centershot, nock height, pre lean in the top cam, draw length and cam synch