Join our Facebook ‘Rokslide Women’s Council’ group!

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
just for the record, what is a huntress?

In recent years with the rise of social media, the term ‘huntress’ is often used by girls that use hunting and fishing for the sole purpose of gaining attention. Although there are still a lot of real women hunters that use that term, so sometimes it depends on who you ask.

2ski

WKR
I would say a huntress in Tanya's meaning is a woman monetizing their Instagram and other social media to make a living, get sponsorship, or supplement their income with it. Call it amateur vs pro or semi pro. Their Instagram is more about "look at me doing this", than "look at this. Tanya is a hunter. Eva Shockey is a huntress.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I would say a huntress in Tanya's meaning is a woman monetizing their Instagram and other social media to make a living, get sponsorship, or supplement their income with it. Call it amateur vs pro or semi pro. Their Instagram is more about "look at me doing this", than "look at this. Tanya is a hunter. Eva Shockey is a huntress.

😂 that is a very good summarization of the stereotype of a ‘huntress’. IMO, I wouldn’t put Eva in the huntress category though b/c she has a pretty sizable list of animals she has taken!

2ski

WKR
Fair enough. She seems to work hard for her meat.

But say Tiffany of Tiffany and Lee fame has quite a list of animals I'm sure,, and I think I would group her as a huntress. She would just be a pre-instagram huntress. Lol. And I would say there are some badass huntresses. They just are more "look at me".

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough. She seems to work hard for her meat.

But say Tiffany of Tiffany and Lee fame has quite a list of animals I'm sure,, and I think I would group her as a huntress. She would just be a pre-instagram huntress. Lol. And I would say there are some badass huntresses. They just are more "look at me".

lol! You have a point!

kc27

FNG
Favorite insulated boots and wool socks? My toes get like ice and thats with heated insoles and wool socks...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
@Tanya Avery how’d you like those Hoffman packs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are AWESOME! I had trouble with my feet always getting cold and these kept them warm. They aren’t good for trekking long distances, but great otherwise!

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Dang the white man has been excluded again.

You are welcome to pitch in your thoughts relevant to issues women have in the backwoods! Like, what’s your feminine product preference? GoGirl or squat? What is the best line of hunting clothes for women under 5’ in the late season? Can’t wait to hear all your thoughts!!

Scrappy

WKR
You are welcome to pitch in your thoughts relevant to issues women have in the backwoods! Like, what’s your feminine product preference? GoGirl or squat? What is the best line of hunting clothes for women under 5’ in the late season? Can’t wait to hear all your thoughts!!
I'll go back to my corner.😅