Joint Pain!!

At 55 I don't get nearly the exercise I used to. My last coyote hunt in January had me hiking 4-6km a day for the 3 day trip. Two months later I hadn't walked more than a km so I started walking in my rural neighborhood about 3km an evening. I immediately noticed pain in my right hip. After yesterdays walk I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep last night! What do you guys take for joint pain? I use glucosamine sulphate to help with some arthritis I have in an old broken kneecap and a big toe. I have felt some slight discomfort in this hip before but this was a whole new level of pain. I did a short walk threw the snow on my acreage this evening with just slight discomfort.

*zap*

WKR
As you age your hips become an issue and if you want this too get better you will need to do exercise's to increase hip strength and flexibility. There is no magic pill for that. Every year after 55 it will be harder to do and take longer, figure on one year of work to get things right and then continue exercise too keep it that way.

Last edited:

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
As Zap noted find hip strengthening exercises and commit to a program you can stick to......any added body weight you carry will also contribute to joint pain. It ain’t easy getting old and enjoying the mountains but it can be done good luck👍 When I need it Aleve is my friend

WKR
Or maybe have an eval/exam by a healthcare professional to make sure you know what you're dealing with before you self treat?