Jon Boys 2014 Elk Season

melsdad74

FNG
Great story! As a new elk hunter heading west for the first time this fall I am trying to learn everything I can.

Can you elaborate on what you are calling a "park"?

Thanks

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Great write up and recap Jon Boy thanks for taking the time to do it . I some times find myself glossing over longer stories and just looking at the photos but your writing style and the content in it kept me focused and interested, kudos.

Thanks Mike. I've tried writing several articles and they always seem to come out way too long for the average reader. Glad you enjoyed it.

huntin'monkey

Lil-Rokslider
Can it be September already, or at least August. Reading this has me fired up for the season, not that it takes much.

Excellent! I too had a similar season in SW MT this past year. I learned mucho from the experience and made some similar mistakes. That said I feel my season was a grand success. I learned so much through trial and error. This was my first elk ARCHERY season so the learning curve was big. I'm salivating for next season to take what I've learned and go the next step, an archery kill. Longing for those aching shoulders again! It's sort of a sick obsession but I love it...