July Alaska King Salmon Trip Lodge or Guide Recommendations

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
I am a guide and own a campground and guide service called Salmon Grove on the Klutina River in Copper Center, Alaska. If you want world class size kings in class 3 whitewater glacial river that is free of silt. You MUST fish the Klutina River my friend. There is not a river or fishery in the world like it. We are easy 5 hour drive from Anchorage and there are numerous accomdation options. Fact is you will not regret it I promise you, Just ask for Jeremy and I will create a memory you and your wife will never forget in a million years. We have the BIGGEST kings and this area has NO crowds. You wont sit in a boat like on the Kenai or other places. You will be casting with custom built rods (by us!) and battle that monster on your own with my professional help. No shit man, dont even waste your time or money. Just call me up at 907-822-5822 we can at least talk shop about it. You can find us also at klutinariver.com or on IG and Facebook under Salmon Grove
Heck of a first post.

Rob81

FNG
Jeremy, Are the salmon still silver and fresh enough to keep for eating by the time they reach Copper Center on the Klutina? I was considering a trip late June to the Klutina, but like the OP I am looking to take some home with me and read some stuff about not wanting to eat fish that have traveled that far in fresh water. First trip to AK and salmon fishing so any insights are appreciated.

Nothing like fishing for Kings in heavy fast water. Got me thinking about it.
Right! There is no place on the planet that compares to the mighty Klutina River. Hands down one of greatest salmon fisheries in the world. Im not joking either, it will blow your mind. Tonsina is even more fun..... Class 4 whitewater and kings averaging 30lbs up to 80lb. 27 mile run of river and not one other angler on it. Just us. Imagine that! Hahah well enough spraying the action, just come by Salmon Grove Campground in Copper Center Alaska and ask for Stephanie or Jeremy. Hope to meet you some day!