Jumped on the Tikka bandwagon

Took a while to come around but finally got a T3x lite in 270win. My biggest hangup was the stock, so I dropped it in a B&C after seeing some of the others here. Excited to get out to the range and see what it likes. Looking for a good all purpose load for whitetail & elk out to 400 yards. Was thinking 140gr accubond. Any other recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_20200120_183133.jpg
    IMG_20200120_183133.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 73

handwerk

WKR
The accubond is surely a good choice, for me I shoot either the 130 TTSX or 129 LRX, but that's because I'm a Barnes fan, lots of good bullets out there now days.

Been looking at the B&C stocks for my tikka as well. How do you like it so far? Just started reloading myself and have been using eldx but want to try the barnes ttsx's also. Used the precision hunter factory loads with the eldx this last season for deer.

OP
Kbhillhunter
Been looking at the B&C stocks for my tikka as well. How do you like it so far? Just started reloading myself and have been using eldx but want to try the barnes ttsx's also. Used the precision hunter factory loads with the eldx this last season for deer.

I'm a big fan of B&C stocks. It only weighed 2lbs 1oz so it was an extra 5oz over the factory stock, but I think it actually has better balance in the B&C. I did have to sand the barrel channel a little to make it a true free float, but sounds like that might be a hit or miss issue for some and not others. Otherwise it fit perfectly with no modification.

Stalker69

WKR
That looks looks really good, I about went that way but with the green / black webbing. But tikka don’t chamber the 6.6prc which is what I wanted. So I went creedmoor in a tac a1. Now seeing your picture iam kinda wanting the stock again.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re reloading I’ve had good luck with Hornady 130 grain SST over 53 grains of IRM 4350 out of my Tikka 270. Every rifle is different but this has done really well out of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk