Just a little tip/trick

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
Just a little tip/trick:
Some of you may know about this already but I thought I would share it anyway. My ears are very sensitive to loud noise and an important part of my hunting success, so I always use hearing protection when shooting, even when hunting. I use the ear plugs with a lanyard and tie them to the back of my hat so they are easily accessable. When it comes time for a shot I only put a plug in my left ear (I shoot right handed) because my right ear is directly behind the muzzle of the rifle I have never experienced any ringing or discomfort even with my .300 RUM that has a brake on it. This also allows me to hear what's going on around me as I prepare for the shot, which from a safety stand point I feel is very important. I hope this helps some of you and if there are any other suggestions lets hear them.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tyler!
Didn't know that trick. Had a guided hunter years ago with another outfitter who had hearing issues too, but wore both ear plugs ALL THE TIME. Needless to say, when we set him up on a logging road and pushed a big bull his way, he never heard it coming. Nick the guide was about 10 feet away and couldn't move or whisper loud enough to get they guys attention. Bull got away.