Just Announced - Leica Geovid Pro 8x32 & 10x32

OutdoorAg

WKR
The diopters do not lock. They rotate just like the other models of geovids. They do seem looser than I would like and I can see myself turning them accidentally when turning up the eye cups if I’m not careful. I also noticed there is no SIM card on board and the display doesn’t show temp, pressure, and angle. I’m sure it’s taken into consideration for the calculation but not displayed. That’s a bummer because I enjoyed checking the temp when bored and freezing my butt off 😂. These are the only negatives I have found so far.

Forgot to mention, the reading is almost instantaneous after pressing the button. For when micro seconds count 😎
Thanks. Wish the diopters locked. I’m going to make that a major testing point when mine arrive today.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. Wish the diopters locked. I’m going to make that a major testing point when mine arrive today.
If you’re not constantly raising and lowering the eyecups it shouldn’t be a problem. I have to lower mine to fit in my bino harness so it could end up being a problem for me.

Last edited:

mthayr

WKR
Camera_Land-728x90-12220.gif

IMPORTANT NOTE: a new Leica Hunting APP will be released in March 2022 which will allow current “.com” products – Geovid 3200, CRF 2800, CRF 3500 - to be compatible with Applied Ballistics, so current owners/future owners for these products will not be left behind
Curious, has Leica given you any information on if/when this might happen?

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
the Eastmans video review said there was an auto brightness setting?
I just watched the Eastmans video and he did say there was an auto setting. If there is one I haven't been able to find it. The on board menus are limited so if one exists it may be activated via the app. If I find it I will re post.

parshal

WKR
Do you ( Mhopper5) have some alpha 10x42's you could compare these to with regards to lowlight conditions?

8x32 ELs are brighter. Noticeably so. The ELs are more comfortable in the hand but they are RF binos either. Inter-pupillary distance is more forgiving on the ELs.

Size comparisons between Fury 5K AB, Swaro EL 8x32 and Vortex 12x50 UHD.

Bridge open completely.

bin1.jpg

Bridge closed completely.

bin2.jpg

Side view.

bin3.jpg

bmejia

FNG
8x32 ELs are brighter. Noticeably so. The ELs are more comfortable in the hand but they are RF binos either. Inter-pupillary distance is more forgiving on the ELs.

Size comparisons between Fury 5K AB, Swaro EL 8x32 and Vortex 12x50 UHD.

Bridge open completely.

View attachment 406994

Bridge closed completely.

View attachment 406995

Side view.

View attachment 406996
Thanks for the EL comparison! I love my EL 8x32 but if Leica somehow made a RF 32 with the brightness of the EL I was going to buy a pair... I will definitely keep following this thread cause who doesn't need a new pair of "alpha glass"??

mthayr

WKR
Wouldn't adding AB to the hunting app allow for the then AB calculated ballistic curve to be uploaded to the unit? I guess I don't understand what they mean by:

"a new Leica Hunting APP will be released in March 2022 which will allow current ".com" products - Geovid 3200, CRF 2800, CRF 3500 - to be compatible with Applied Ballistics, so current owners/future owners for these products will not be left behind"

...if that's not the case. Too bad its 3-4 months after their initial goal, but I guess as long as its before hunting season.

Honestly the BaseMap integration, while nice, isn't al that important. You can do the same now with the "XDR navigation" albeit manually. Just point your phone in the direction you're ranging, and measure out the distance, drop a pin.

GS66

FNG
Wouldn't adding AB to the hunting app allow for the then AB calculated ballistic curve to be uploaded to the unit? I guess I don't understand what they mean by:

"a new Leica Hunting APP will be released in March 2022 which will allow current ".com" products - Geovid 3200, CRF 2800, CRF 3500 - to be compatible with Applied Ballistics, so current owners/future owners for these products will not be left behind"

If you think about it, Leica would most probably be launching NEW handheld rangefinders with AB on board in the next several months, as they're now "behind the curve with other manufacturers" wrt having a handheld with AB or a proprietary ballistics solution onboard (like Sig's Kilo5K and Kilo8K and Gunwerks' Revic BR4).

I don't think adding AB onboard is simply a software update through an app - I'm sure the unit had to have been designed with it built into the unit.... And even if they could "add" it through an app, why would they? They need new products to continuously drive sales. There's sure to be a replacement on the horizon for the Geovid 3200.com and surely for the 2800/3500.com handhelds... All with onboard ballistics.

Time will tell, but AB is certainly not coming to the 2800/3200/3500.com units, or they would have done so a long time ago to compete with Sig and Revic and some others.

GS66

FNG
Curious, has Leica given you any information on if/when this might happen?
That is not a feature that is going to be added, sadly. I spoke about that with Leica, and the older units are not able to have AB onboard. They will be "tweaking" their HUNTING app in June or July, but not getting AB onboard for 2800.com, 3500.com or 3200.com units.

That is not a feature that is going to be added, sadly. I spoke about that with Leica, and the older units are not able to have AB onboard. They will be "tweaking" their HUNTING app in June or July, but not getting AB onboard for 2800.com, 3500.com or 3200.com units.
I’ve been using the 2800.com for about a year now. I have found that the lack of AB to be a non issue for hunting, and also has not prevented me from making hits on steel out to 1400. I’ve used it extensively from sea level to 9500 feet elevation and the elevation holds have been spot on. The current Leica app sucks but once you get it trued up it works well.

In theory the lack of AB would mean less precise dope..but in reality it ends up being extremely close with the on board weather meter. It’s a non issue for hunting IMO and probably few shooters would be able to shoot the difference.

What I do wish for is a 10mph wind hold next to the elevation hold for easier wind hold math. I’m REALLY hoping they add this to the updates for the hunting app.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last edited: