just applied

bnsafe

WKR
for my first elk tag, if i get drawn which is almost a 100 percent draw for a cow elk tag, i will go elk hunting for the first time. im so pumped, its like being a kid again and waiting for opening day, even though im 41. im in the best shape of my life and pushing harder every week to improve. now im just prayin for some beutiful country to see and hopefully hear a bugle. that would make my hunt. im so pumped i had to share

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thanks guys, cant wait. this is something ive always dreamed of. even though its only a cow im completely happy with that.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
colorado, would love to hunt other states but colorado is the easiest to get to with my plans this year. i do have a question. i live in missouri where every hill has a hunter on it and spend almost all my time on 120 acres so you can imagine the hunting pressure i see. will i have a hard time getting away from other hunters out there so i dont keep bumping into someone or is the vastness of the country so much that i wont have to deal with to many other guys. this is gonna be a muzzleloader hunt in north central colorado. so bowhunters and muzzleloaders will be around. im not hunting a national forest but will be camped on one so could hunt there if i need to.

You would not know it from this site, but the majority of hunters do not venture more than a mile or so from a road or trail. If you can get beyond that you should be fairly secluded.....unless you run into one of the guys on here :)

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thanks backpack. from where you park i have over 4 miles i can hike in so hopefully i can get away from the pressure. if i run into anyone i will ask them if there a member, lol. if not i will tell em they should be.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
hurt my knee yesterday training. cant walk down steps or hill now. goin to the dr friday so guess i may or may not be hunting after all. man do i feel like ive been kicked in the gut. prayin its just flared up and needs rest