Just got this in from my 2019 Kodiak hunt

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice! I got to see him up close on the Trophy Transport truck as they were heading to your place. They stopped in KY and dropped us off a few Mtn Caribou and Black Bears before they headed to you. Congrats.

DavePwns

WKR
And my buddies are worried about black bears in California 😂 that is an absolute monster. Congrats on the amazing bear and fantastic taxidermy 👍

OP
R

Romo

FNG
Very nice! I got to see him up close on the Trophy Transport truck as they were heading to your place. They stopped in KY and dropped us off a few Mtn Caribou and Black Bears before they headed to you. Congrats.
Yeah, apparently he went the scenic route from Dewey's to Trophy Transport in North Carolina then to Montana, Utah, Colorado, Kentucky, Iowa, Texas then here in Louisiana.

SLA

FNG
Looks great! Love that place, hunted there 3 times so far. took a very similar bear there as well, my full body mount gets a lot of attention for sure! Congrats!

OP
R

Romo

FNG
Looks great! Love that place, hunted there 3 times so far. took a very similar bear there as well, my full body mount gets a lot of attention for sure! Congrats!
Kodiak, or specifically Aliulik? There certainly is an allure and fascination about Kodiak. I doubt I'd ever top this bear but it sure would be fun trying.

SLA

FNG
Kodiak, or specifically Aliulik? There certainly is an allure and fascination about Kodiak. I doubt I'd ever top this bear but it sure would be fun trying.

Kodiak, Larsen bay deer, ducks and fishing, Uyak bear,goat, ducks and fishing.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
That is a huge bear! Congrats! I really look the expression on the bears face it also shows off the size and shape of his head! That’s an awesome mount

RMac5

Lil-Rokslider
What an amazing bear. That’s the ultimate hunt to me, would love to go do it but just don’t ever see it happening.
Congrats Romo, that’s a hell of a nice bear.

Is it just me or does that awesome bear look a little like Trump?
Where's the hunt report? Bow or gun?

Last edited:
OP
R

Romo

FNG
Congrats Romo! I emailed you about your 2015 hunt I believe. Wasn't it on Frazer Lake?

2015 hunt was at Frazer. This was the consolation. lol.

Is it just me or does that awesome bear look a little like Trump?
Where's the hunt report? Bow or gun?

OP
R

Romo

FNG
What an amazing bear. That’s the ultimate hunt to me, would love to go do it but just don’t ever see it happening.
Congrats Romo, that’s a hell of a nice bear.

Thanks. Don't say never. The best way I've heard it explained in making hunts like this happen is imagine you need a heart transplant in 3-4 years, and the cost was $25-30K. You would start saving here and there and doing what you could to make make sure you had the money when it came time for the surgery. Now apply the same principle to make the hunt happen. After all, most hunts are booked 3-4 years out already.

Agross

WKR
What a beast!! Congrats on the trophy brown bear, and what a mount. Really puts it in perspective the size of that monster.