Just looked into this emergency shelter....six moons gatewood cape

this looks sweet. fairly priced. litewieght. decent sized. multi use. Problem for me is I am a little to tall. I called six moon and they said OK to about 6'02. FYI

swat8888

WKR
How tall are you? Since it's only an e-shelter...or I'd assume used for spike camp several days on a hunt...I don't see why you couldn't pair this with a waterproof bivy, or even a big dry bag or garbage bag over your feet if the hang out of the tent just a little bit. Bear paw wilderness modifies a bunch of stuff, you could probably shoot them an email and see if they could add a little more fabric since you're so tall.

Overall the shelter looks cool, only 4oz more than the golite poncho and you are covered from the elements on all sides not just 3.

OP
wannahuntmo
6'04. You do make a good point about just using it for emergency. Just looking for "the perfect ultralight rig". This would be a no brainer if it was a touch bigger.or if i was a tad shorter.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm 6'5 and that is why I didn't use a tarp style shelter for bivy/solo/emergency use. Just a little too small to be comfortable for me and the gear.

OP
wannahuntmo
I decided to spend a little more money And got the 6 moon designs Haven. There was a 7 ounce penalty but.....
This has much more room. Room for 2 and long. Enclosed. Still very lightweight at 18oz. Good reviews.