Just need one more of those; honest..I can quit anytime.

What’s your secret shame when it comes to that/those piece(s) of hunting gear that you just can’t settle on, always looking to improve upon, can’t seem to quit buying when you see something that may be better, even though you have one or several already that are functional

Clothes, broad heads, packs, headlamps (headlamps are mine), boots, tree stands, bipods, calls, camp furniture, etc. Let’s hear em. :rolleyes:

260madman

WKR
Rifles and optics. My wife counted the rifles then I told her every one of them has a scope on top. I told her don’t ask what the $$ is. She didn’t. Now I’m into handguns. Lord help me because that rabbit hole is just as bad or worse, they don’t take up much room.

Northpark

WKR
Rifles and sleeping bags. Recently bought a el coyote quilt and in the middle of a custom 7mm-08ai build.

I just bought a new-to-me bow last week. Should be in on Friday, but I'll need some new arrows and another sight, etc.

...my wife doesn't know yet 😅

Last edited:

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
For me, it used to be firearms.
I spent an insane amount on them.
At one time, I owned 5 AR 15 in various cal, 556, 6.8, spc 300 BO, 338 spectrum.
Then there was the Aks in 7.62x39, 545 wasp, Ak pistol
Then there was the Heavy Barrel rifles, light barrel mountain rifles, and then you have to have the magnum rifles, 300 wm, 7mm rem mag, 338 , 300 short mag, 270 short mag. You get the drift.
Then you have to hunting pistols. 44 mag, 45 long, 454, 480 ruger, 475, 300 Savage, 223, 7-30 Walter,
Oh let's not forget you have to have a few lever guns, shotguns and edc guns along with 3 or 4 muzzleloaders.
Then you have to reload for everything coming and going, powder, primers cases, prep tools, dies, case trimmers, scales, tumblers ect ect ect,
Before long you have 150 grand invested in all these guns.
Then there is the divorce and she is an unfaithful bitch but because she never held a job longer than a few months out if the year, she is going to get half if not a little more because she gets the kids and you get the ole dry plunge in the butt and the only happiness you feel is that you sold everything so dirt cheap that she gets a whole 3 grand out of your collection.
Some of the guns, I loved more than I loved her, but hell yes it was worth it.
Do I miss them, at times. Does it piss me off, only the shotgun she got her hands on and sold while a was out of town. That one shotgun meant more to me than anything she could have taken as it belong to my Uncle Frank and he gave it to me when I was 12, he passed away a few months later from a brain aneurysm.

But now I got my rant on, I no longer devil in firearms. The money I spent over the years would have looked better in a box stuffed in a hole had I seen what was going on while I was working 2 jobs to pay the bills and put a roof over her head , wheels under her feet and anything she wanted.

Now I have a pre64 30/30 that I kept hidden away, I bought my new wife, her own rifle, shot gun and a couple handguns, her own bows.

I no longer hunt with powder burners nor care to. I use a bow or air rifles. Much cheaper to maintain and I can take anything in north America with an Air rifle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
When I did a lot of backpacking it was tents. Think I was up tp 6 or 7 two and three man tents. Lately its been bino harnesses. Never find just the right on that felt ang fit right. Or didn't have those dang magnets. At the moment I have one hat I made out of two different brands. The straps/harness from one brand and the pouch of another. I do have a lot of bow stuff now.

87TT

WKR
For me, it used to be firearms.
I spent an insane amount on them.
At one time, I owned 5 AR 15 in various cal, 556, 6.8, spc 300 BO, 338 spectrum.
Then there was the Aks in 7.62x39, 545 wasp, Ak pistol
Then there was the Heavy Barrel rifles, light barrel mountain rifles, and then you have to have the magnum rifles, 300 wm, 7mm rem mag, 338 , 300 short mag, 270 short mag. You get the drift.
Then you have to hunting pistols. 44 mag, 45 long, 454, 480 ruger, 475, 300 Savage, 223, 7-30 Walter,
Oh let's not forget you have to have a few lever guns, shotguns and edc guns along with 3 or 4 muzzleloaders.
Then you have to reload for everything coming and going, powder, primers cases, prep tools, dies, case trimmers, scales, tumblers ect ect ect,
Before long you have 150 grand invested in all these guns.
Then there is the divorce and she is an unfaithful bitch but because she never held a job longer than a few months out if the year, she is going to get half if not a little more because she gets the kids and you get the ole dry plunge in the butt and the only happiness you feel is that you sold everything so dirt cheap that she gets a whole 3 grand out of your collection.
Some of the guns, I loved more than I loved her, but hell yes it was worth it.
Do I miss them, at times. Does it piss me off, only the shotgun she got her hands on and sold while a was out of town. That one shotgun meant more to me than anything she could have taken as it belong to my Uncle Frank and he gave it to me when I was 12, he passed away a few months later from a brain aneurysm.

But now I got my rant on, I no longer devil in firearms. The money I spent over the years would have looked better in a box stuffed in a hole had I seen what was going on while I was working 2 jobs to pay the bills and put a roof over her head , wheels under her feet and anything she wanted.

Now I have a pre64 30/30 that I kept hidden away, I bought my new wife, her own rifle, shot gun and a couple handguns, her own bows.

I no longer hunt with powder burners nor care to. I use a bow or air rifles. Much cheaper to maintain and I can take anything in north America with an Air rifle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I feel kind of bad now. My wife either buys what i want or tells me to.