Just played with GoHunt's new mapping interface for the first time - what do y'all think?

M22

FNG
I watched Randy Newberg's little tutorial video on GoHunt's new mapping, and it got me pretty excited about it. Just spent the last couple hours using it for the first time. I'm an OnX + Google Earth guy when it comes to e-scouting, so I knew it would take a lot of cool / unique features to get me to start using something new and learn a new interface.

Some of the features are kind of neat - I like the 3D features, and being able to swivel around and look at the topography (i.e. basically just like holding shift on google earth pro). That's something I've thought about wanting on the OnX desktop mapping.

Truth be told, however, that 3D feature is kinda it, when it comes to what I've noticed about it that sets it apart from OnX.

Maybe I'm missing something, or not taking advantage of all the tools available. Anyone else been playing with it, any thoughts on how you've found it to compare to OnX / BaseCamp?

I'm in no way affiliated with GoHunt or any other mapping company, just curious to hear some other opinions on it.

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
The elevation bands and being able to check LOS are huge. The other thing that I think is going to prove out to be better is that GoHunt is much more geared towards the western hunter and we won't have to take a back seat for features to the much larger whitetail crowd. Nothing against whitetail hunters but I need features more like these elevation bands way more than I need current wind direction that I can't use offline anyway.

archp625

WKR
I like it a lot. IO like not having to toggle back and fourth from OnX to Google Earth. Since they don't have the app version out yet I cannot comment on the field use.

Fitzwho

WKR
OnX is supposed to be bringing out 3D mapping as well. I like a lot of the features (i.e. Collections) and that it’s included with a membership I already have, but it has a while to go before I could give up on OnX entirely. I do feel like their satellite imagery quality is lacking.

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
I've been enjoying the GoHunt Maps and features. It is a nice add on to the GoHunt membership I already have at no additional cost. Looking forward to the mobile app version. In the meantime I will continue to use Basemap.

dtrkyman

WKR
Limited on states when I checked it, more available? Surely onx will follow suit but they need better image quality in my opinion!

crich

WKR
Not sure if its just me but the sat image seemed to be a little grainy. OnX seemed to be have a more refined image.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Due to my active grudge against GoHunt’s customer service I will not be trying this app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really liking the new mapping software. In fact i was planning on not renewing my membership this next go around because i didn’t feel there was value in keeping it around until i was serious about wanting to burn points in some out of state hunts. Their mapping software makes it easy not to jump back and forth between google earth and BaseMap for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvmnts

WKR
Another mapping app with "exciting new features" that caltopo has had for years and years. Yawn.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
CalTopo is underrated for online use, but the app doesn't seem as refined. But in all honesty I have not tried it alot, and I am using the free version.