Just realized I messed up...

This year is a "points only" year. No hunting this fall thanks to uncle sam. Between a move last month, a new baby, and all this COVID crap, I completely forgot to purchase my Colorado Preference point.

FML. :mad::cry:

Just needed to vent. At least I haven't missed Wyoming or Montana.

OP
B
Dang, missed it by 2 hours!

Right? Saw somebody post about "just getting in before the deadline" applying for CO on facebook and though "Oh sh*t." Got on the CO website and realized I'd screwed myself. April really came up fast thanks to all the shit going on in my life right now.

Oh well, I have a feeling with the economy crashing tags are going to be a bit easier to come by the next few years.

Quin

FNG
Do Colorado points go back to zero after one year of not applying or is there a grace period?

Don’t feel too bad was building points for a Wyoming general tag got busy and totally forgot the last 2 years at least I only wasted 1 point but I should be on an elk hunt this fall haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year is a "points only" year. No hunting this fall thanks to uncle sam. Between a move last month, a new baby, and all this COVID crap, I completely forgot to purchase my Colorado Preference point.

FML. :mad::cry:

Just needed to vent. At least I haven't missed Wyoming or Montana.

I remember CO at the last minute too, I applied everywhere I wanted like usual except I missed my Points in NV.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember CO at the last minute too, I applied everywhere I wanted like usual except I missed my Points in NV.

Well your in luck since NV deadline isn't until MAY

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

npm352

WKR
Do Colorado points go back to zero after one year of not applying or is there a grace period?
I believe Colorado keeps them in your account for a decade without applying for each species. That's what I remember last but not positive.

OP
B
I have 3 alarms set on my phone for each state I apply in. I’m a bit OCD though

Just did this for Montana and WY. One at the beginning of the purchase period and one right before the end.

Because I knew hunting wasn’t an option this year as well as other stressors/distractions just wasn’t thinking/obsessing about this stuff like I normally do. I probably looked at it back in December and thought “April? That’s like forever from now...”

Another tough lesson learned. Oh well. Maybe I’ll buy points in some place I previously didn’t consider. MT/WY/CO are my primary states to hunt due to geography/travel considerations.

Tmac

WKR
I believe Colorado keeps them in your account for a decade without applying for each species. That's what I remember last but not positive.

I thought they went to zero after the second year of not applying. Not 100% sure, going off memory and after applying in a number of states it is easy to get mixed up.

I thought they went to zero after the second year of not applying. Not 100% sure, going off memory and after applying in a number of states it is easy to get mixed up.

npm352 is correct.. 10 years for colorado. Wyoming is 2 consecutive years.