Just received the Garmin 66i (new inreach)

I have ask Garmin CS when they will make a rihno radio with inreach and chip capable they say they are working on it.
The 66i does look handy

Newtopen

FNG
Did anyone get the chance to try this unit out this season and put it through its paces and have any real world feedback positive or negative? I currently don’t have anything that this would be replacing so I would like to get my setup dialed in from the start if possible.
Thanks

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one this past summer and used it for my elk hunt. It performed 100% for me. Battery life was ok just make sure you have a battery charger if you are sending and receiving texts. Sometimes it takes a bit for the messages to get out but that’s ok with me. I already had the Garmin Colorado Hunt view chip and it’s worked perfect for me. They have came out with a few new updates for it and it’s seems to be pretty stable. I like a whole package where I can use it for my gps and Inreach Instead of using two units. And the SoS feature is worth it for my life. I just bought the unlimited plan for texts and suspended the service for when I use it this year on my hunt. It was with the $60 for the unlimited plan.

Newtopen

FNG
I bought one this past summer and used it for my elk hunt. It performed 100% for me. Battery life was ok just make sure you have a battery charger if you are sending and receiving texts. Sometimes it takes a bit for the messages to get out but that’s ok with me. I already had the Garmin Colorado Hunt view chip and it’s worked perfect for me. They have came out with a few new updates for it and it’s seems to be pretty stable. I like a whole package where I can use it for my gps and Inreach Instead of using two units. And the SoS feature is worth it for my life. I just bought the unlimited plan for texts and suspended the service for when I use it this year on my hunt. It was with the $60 for the unlimited plan.

thanks for your feedback. I’m thinking that this would work pretty well for me as well but hadn’t really been able to find anything confirming this. Thanks again

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What does it do that my inReach explorer won’t do? I see it has maps for Europe which the explorer dosen’t but Europe ******* sucks anyways so I don’t go there.