Just tested the new Sevr 1.5 and 1.7--Wow

Scottyboy

WKR
I seem to remember you were not a huge fan of the 2.1”, right? Is there any noticeable difference between these new designs and the 2.1”?

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for doing the review. The swiveling blade concept of cutting around bones is really interesting. The question is....is this the first mechanical you would trust on an elk, or are you still going to shoot fixed?

TripleJ

WKR
Great review, I have all 3 flavors of the Sevr broadheads now, I'm looking forward to putting them to work this year!

three5x5s

WKR
Thanks for the review. Have 3 of the 100 grain 1.5 Deep Six and 1 of the reg 8X32 ordered. I like the swiveling blade. I'm hoping that helps on penetration for us short arm guys.

milunchbox

Lil-Rokslider
The pivoting blade isn't a new thing. A Michigan company made the reign broadheads and those little fellas would do the same thing. They blew threw every deer I shot with them. I like the sevr heads though.

three5x5s

WKR
I have the 100 grain 1.5s in D6 and reg, they measure about .320 at the base and tapers down to .250 thats if I'm reading the caliper right.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
What would be the best Sevr for elk? I like the construction of the 1.5, but would prefer a bigger cut for better blood trails. I know with the bigger cut, you have reduced blade angle resulting in less penetration. Anybody kill an elk with these?

What would be the best Sevr for elk? I like the construction of the 1.5, but would prefer a bigger cut for better blood trails. I know with the bigger cut, you have reduced blade angle resulting in less penetration. Anybody kill an elk with these?

That’s exactly why I went with the Rage NC this year.
4630c3ad682508f6dcbdd88dd5f1c41c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheViking

WKR

They were just released a month or so ago. I don’t think many animals have been taken with them yet.

1.5” will kill anything, that’s my choice this year for elk and mulies.

Gumbo

WKR
This video paints a bit different picture of the Sevr

Yeah, but I think this is last year's version of the Sevr and according to the new video it has been updated, in fact he references the old test and poor performance a few times in the new video. Also, if you watch the Iron Will penetration test both it and the 1.5 Sevr had similar penetration (at least the test medium looked and was described as the same and I am only assuming the bow/distance was similar too). In no way am I saying the 1.5 Sevr penetrates as well as an Iron Will or any other fixed blade, I would be amazed if it did, but I decided to give them a go for antelope this year, and maybe deer/elk depending on the results. I've shot them a couple times in practice mode and am not overly impressed with the penetration, but they fly great...

TheViking

WKR
I've shot them a couple times in practice mode and am not overly impressed with the penetration, but they fly great...

You can’t shoot them in practice mode to test their penetration! Those wings are dull and will impede penetration!! If you’re going to do a side by side test, shoot it and let them open like they’re suppose to.

The 1.5s and 1.7s are newly designed this year. Better blade angle on both. The 2.1 isn’t for everyone.

Gumbo

WKR
You can’t shoot them in practice mode to test their penetration! Those wings are dull and will impede penetration!! If you’re going to do a side by side test, shoot it and let them open like they’re suppose to.

The 1.5s and 1.7s are newly designed this year. Better blade angle on both. The 2.1 isn’t for everyone.

Totally agree, I considered that and figured the shoulders were a factor.