Just thought was worth sharing

Sawdog

FNG
I see allot about how certain companies have dislike for hunters. I saw a post about Jetboil and how according to certain podcasters the company hates hunters. Yesterday I wrote in to to the company to inquire if they had a stance. This is what I got back from them:

Officially and unofficially, Jetboil loves our hunter “Jetheads” (and anglers, too, if you also love tight lines) all over the globe and loves the fact that they love our awesome gear when they are out doing what they love to do! And we have hunting Jetheads in every part of the world (I just got cool photos from some guys in Africa.)
If they are relying every day on the very best hunting gear, then it makes sense for them to rely on the very best backcountry cook stove on the planet to keep them alive and well-fed, because they know rain or shine their Jetboil is going to work well every time. Why would they – or you -- put their lives (and bellies) in the hands of anyone else?
Jetboil respects and honors that role and considers it a privilege to serve our hunting enthusiasts and fans – and every other fan of any outdoor activity who needs the very best backcountry cook equipment.

Thought was worth passing the info along. Doesnt mean they have the best stove but I thought it was pretty stand up policy.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using Jetboil for a long time, I like the company and the products, had similar interaction with them after I heard it somewhere that they were anti hunting. Pays to research a little on your own.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting response, thanks for sharing.

I don’t think they as an organization hate hunters, but they didn’t say anything about liking (or supporting) the act of hunting. I don’t judge though because I personally own a Jetboil, and I suspect that the makers of my vehicle, ketchup, entertainment, etc don’t support hunting or gun ownership either. I’d be interested to hear if Jetboil’s competition is any more or less supportive.

On a separate and unrelated note; I think it should be more important as to whether they are making their product in a country that’s considered a security threat to the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yep, let their actions and their money speak for them. Sure, they love people buying their products regardless of who or what they are........but they might still dislike hunting. That goes for every company.