Just when you thought it was crowded enough out there...

ODB

WKR
Dick's will be opening a split-off called "Public Lands" to further inundate your favorite trails...

Funny how sales have soared this year during a pandemic and massive unemployment. Are people just up to their ass in debt?

In other news, if I ever hear the overused trope "Public Lands" again, I might just vomit...

So all they are doing is selling more expensive camping gear to compete with REI. I doubt this will change the amount of people that would go camping or backpacking, just maybe where they would buy their sleeping bag or tent.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
So all they are doing is selling more expensive camping gear to compete with REI. I doubt this will change the amount of people that would go camping or backpacking, just maybe where they would buy their sleeping bag or tent.

Yes, they want a piece of that big MSRP pie...

Spoonbill

WKR
Dick’s is trying to make up for that lost firearm revenue. Didn’t Dick’s just close a bunch of locations?

Probably trying to make up for all the lost revenue given their primary audience was always team sports and there ain’t much of that going on these days.
Walking away from firearms and ammo, minimizing hunting and fishing and alienating sportsmen a few years ago probably doesn’t look good in the rear view mirror.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
Notice how the article mentions all kinds of outdoor activities sans hunting.

F*ck Dicks. I literally JUST bought a pair of sweats from their competitor for $5 more than Dick’s had them priced because I refuse to spend $ there. Feeling self-righteous is spendy.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Funny how sales have soared this year during a pandemic and massive unemployment. Are people just up to their ass in debt?
Heck, the federal government was paying people $600 a week to not work almost all summer long. These people didn't need to go in debt, they were getting paid to recreate......and recreate they did. The mountains were filled this summer like I've never seen before......and never want to see again......along with all the trash they left behind as well.

Wapiti1

WKR
Heck, the federal government was paying people $600 a week to not work almost all summer long. These people didn't need to go in debt, they were getting paid to recreate......and recreate they did. The mountains were filled this summer like I've never seen before......and never want to see again......along with all the trash they left behind as well.
I noticed a lot of that. It's like people think the forest service has a trail crew that cleans up after you. And none of them will pick it up. They didn't put it there, so they're not going to do it.

As for Dick's, I wish them bankruptcy, scandal and the clap.

Jeremy

bsnedeker

WKR
I noticed a lot of that. It's like people think the forest service has a trail crew that cleans up after you. And none of them will pick it up. They didn't put it there, so they're not going to do it.

As for Dick's, I wish them bankruptcy, scandal and the clap.

Jeremy

In the spring it was like WW3 up in my neck of the woods. People just going up to locked gates, getting out, and blasting away. I was out hunting turkeys in a chunk of state land not far from my house and there must have been at least 10 guys shooting non-stop for close to 2 hours about a mile away from me. Did they clean up their targets, shells, and casings? No, no they did not. It was pretty disgusting.

whaack

WKR
Dick's will be opening a split-off called "Public Lands" to further inundate your favorite trails...

In other news, if I ever hear the overused trope "Public Lands" again, I might just vomit...
Screw Dicks. I won't even buy my kids sports stuff from them.

Calcoyote

FNG
I live within 4 miles of a Dick's Sporting Goods, but after they started taking what I consider an anti-gun stance on the issues I quit them and refuse to even go in the store. They will never get any more of my money.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
I mean, I hate Dicks as much as the next guy, but how is it that a new retailer selling camping equipment going to make the trails any busier? Is your position that the only thing holding back hoards of people lack of access to camping gear?

Wapiti1

WKR
I mean, I hate Dicks as much as the next guy, but how is it that a new retailer selling camping equipment going to make the trails any busier? Is your position that the only thing holding back hoards of people lack of access to camping gear?
Dick's has figured out there is a super lucrative niche somewhere between their shitty selection of generally crappy and mediocre camping gear and REI's not so shitty, somewhat overpriced, but good quality selection that they think will be a money maker.

Game Changer!!

Jeremy