Justified shooting? What say you?

sndmn11

WKR
and @sndmn11

I wasn't trying to justify or insinuate anything - just asking. Hard to convey that in a post at times.

Some folks believe that it is a person's responsibility to retreat - as mentioned, in some states it is required. Other states, it is not required to retreat or use similar force, etc.

For the record - this situation was a stupid. Then knuckle head stands there spouting off to camera. Stupid. I'll let the courts decide. Did I say stupid? Stupid!

I didn't think you were arguing, I think you were clarifying, and refining. I'm also familiar with other posts of yours I have read, and I believe you know your way around a defensive firearm. You had a reasonable question.

Totally stupid situation.

I believe had shooter stayed in the house and shot OR when he went outside had told lady to come in as a psuedo rescue-protect situation, his actions would have been a lot more defensible.

bsnedeker

WKR
His actions from the video make more sense to me as those of a person intended to intimidate and confront, rather than defend a threat. The former can sometimes be interpreted as antagonistic.
That's how I read this as well. I think he went in to get the gun to scare the guy, dude didn't react the way he thought he would and then this guy's ego took over: shoots at his feet, gets thrown around like a doll, and shoots the dude in the chest. Only he knows for sure, but that's how I read this.

bsnedeker

WKR
Who goes to someone's residence and then proceeds to bump chests, intimidate and then try to disarm said person at their OWN resident?
Apparently a dude who is extremely upset because his wife is playing games with their custody arrangement and not letting him see his own kid. Highly emotional situations plus firearms is a pretty awful combination.

Squincher

WKR
Apparently a dude who is extremely upset because his wife is playing games with their custody arrangement and not letting him see his own kid. Highly emotional situations plus firearms is a pretty awful combination.

Or maybe a dude whose wife has good reason to protect the child from him. We don't know.

bsnedeker

WKR
Or maybe a dude whose wife has good reason to protect the child from him. We don't know.
Fair enough. Like it or not though, she needs to abide by their custody agreement and based on that conversation it seemed she was well aware that she was violating it and just didn't care. The system is flawed, but it exists to try to minimize the possibility of these exact situations from happening.

ferch

FNG
Fair enough. Like it or not though, she needs to abide by their custody agreement and based on that conversation it seemed she was well aware that she was violating it and just didn't care. The system is flawed, but it exists to try to minimize the possibility of these exact situations from happening.
Yep! I'm sure during or after a divorce everyone thinks their ex-spouse is unfit to be a parent at some point, but you're absolutely right - the custody agreement is where the courts/parties agree to what the arrangement will be. If they don't agree it has to go through the courts (unfortunately?) and not through a chest bumping competition on a porch.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
What we do know is how this group reacted to this event. That tells me they are no strangers to very violent situations.

Almost like they expected dude to end up the receiving end of a bullet.
Yup, kind of like, Hon what say we grab the kids and go down to the park for a while. Big guy will be staying here.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
What we do know is how this group reacted to this event. That tells me they are no strangers to very violent situations.

Almost like they expected dude to end up the receiving end of a bullet.
Yep, this.

Does anyone know if ex-wife judge was indeed the camera wielder in the house?
If so, we likely had all four swingers at the crib, plus new wife in car filming big guy getting shot and killed, not even acknowleged in any way other than blame shaming.

It's gross on every level.

I doubt this ever sees actual charges, let alone trial. Here in Texas, he is pretty much covered once the big guy said something along the lines of I’ll take that gun from you and kill you with it. Making that threat, then trying to take the gun away, he will be protected by the law. It’s a terrible situation no matter how you look at it.

bpa556

FNG
I doubt this ever sees actual charges, let alone trial. Here in Texas, he is pretty much covered once the big guy said something along the lines of I’ll take that gun from you and kill you with it. Making that threat, then trying to take the gun away, he will be protected by the law. It’s a terrible situation no matter how you look at it.

Yep. And if they do charge him, they’ll never find a jury to convict him up there.

The court order of visitation was not a warrant for this guy to enter onto private property and attempt for forcibly remove children. If Mom won’t comply with the court order…CALL THE LAW. That’s how it works.

He broke the law when he refused to leave after being told to. He killed himself when he decided to get physical with the armed property owner.

Sad deal for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'll take the wait and see position. If it goes to trail, the jury will see the entire thing a frame at a time and will see video which has yet to be viewed, or like I said viewed a frame at a time. Did you watch how they viewed the Rittenhouse video, Every frame was thoroughly scrutinized.

bsnedeker

WKR