Justified shooting? What say you?

Should've been handled differently, but the dude did attempt to take the shotgun then threw him off his own porch.

Unfortunate for the kids that will have to grow up with this shit in their heads.

bsnedeker

WKR
Too much stupid to go around for me to judge. All I can say is if you run up on a dude with a rifle and continue to try and wrestle with him even after he stupidly fires a warning shot... well, the outcome of that is not terribly surprising.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have always been under the impression that if you aren’t in danger, you shouldn’t shoot. Seems like when the guy went into the house to get the gun, he would have been safe and free from danger locked in the house. He came back with the gun, fired a warning shot then got like ten feet away and smoked the guy.

I’m not a lawyer but that dosen’t really seem like self defense to me. I am curious to what others think, hopefully there can be an actual discussion. I was on another hunting forum yesterday reading a thread about this and there are a shocking amount of people that seem to think that people should be able to kill with impunity….then they cal you gay when you disagree with them.

*zap*

WKR
There may be no legal need to retreat from a threat in that state...child custody issues can be very ugly...hard to just walk away.

Trr15

WKR
Seems like lots of poor decisions (during and prior to the confrontation) and questionable characters. Unfortunate for the kids.

This appears pretty cut and dry to me, absolutely no justification to take someone’s life in this situation. I do agree that when the rifle was brought out, the father of the child should not have continued to escalate the situation, but I also believe that there was absolutely no reason to brandish the weapon, and then continue to use deadly force in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
This appears pretty cut and dry to me, absolutely no justification to take someone’s life in this situation. I do agree that when the shotgun was brought out, the father of the child should not have continued to escalate the situation, but I also believe that there was absolutely no reason to brandish the weapon, and then continue to use deadly force in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, sums up my take as well. Sad deal all around, and it does no good to the real 2A cause, imho...Just because we 'can' doesn't mean we should.

Finding 12 to convict in TX could be hard too.

There's a lot that's disturbing in all of it, but how is the girlfriend just sitting in the car filming?

Maybe altercations weren't that unusual with the bunch.

Both are idiots in the situation, I don't see why you stand your ground against an individual with a gun at their house, right or wrong you need to be aware of the situation, remove yourself from it.

Going into your residence, then coming back out armed for someone in your yard don't seem the brightest either.

The kids are the real victims.

That was totally unnecessary and now that kid doesn't have his biological father.

The victim definitely should have backed off but the shooter should never have brought the firearm out.

So much fail for all parties involved. This also reminds me how much I hate having to work custody dispute/exchanges. They always take a hard right into Dumbfuckville.
Didn’t really see the need for the shooter to go in and get the rifle in the first place.
Dead guy should of left the property when he was asked to.
Dead guy should not if tried to disarm ( very half ass attempt) the shooter in this case.

Don’t be these people. This could be an episode of When keeping it real goes wrong. Sometimes it’s best just to walk away.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Having been through a nasty custody battle wirh an aggressive ex myself, I watched this just itching to find a reason it was justified...But I did not. The victim was a blustery, obnoxious a$$hole, but was not threatening real bodily harm of anyone that I could tell. The shooter, imho, was trying to find any reason to get this annoying headache out of his life. I live with the 'shoot only when in imminent danger.' It would have to go much farther than this to get any action from me.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Having been through a nasty custody battle wirh an aggressive ex myself, I watched this just itching to find a reason it was justified...But I did not. The victim was a blustery, obnoxious a$$hole, but was not threatening real bodily harm of anyone that I could tell. The shooter, imho, was trying to find any reason to get this annoying headache out of his life. I live with the 'shoot only when in imminent danger.' It would have to go much farther than this to get any action from me.
What I found alarming was when the woman backed out of the picture so quickly. I thought that she was A. either really frightened of the ex, or B. she was clearing the way to not be shot by her new flame when he came out to deal with obnoxious a-hole..

It almost looked like a set up.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
What I found alarming was when the woman backed out of the picture so quickly. I thought that she was A. either really frightened of the ex, or B. she was clearing the way to not be shot by her new flame when he came out to deal with obnoxious a-hole..

It almost looked like a set up.
I agree. Her body language spoke of a violent, if not very intimidating, past with her ex. I also ponder the behavior of the shooter afterwards...was really strange to me...

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
Little Guy should have stayed the f*** out of it.
Big Guy should have left the property when instructed to do so and call the cops on The Ho.
Big Guy decided to get up in Little Guy’s face - in Little Guy’s Castle.
Little Guy should have gone in the Castle and stayed there.
Little Guy comes out with a gun to keep from getting his ass kicked by Big Guy.
Big Guy makes a Football Move on Little Guy with the gun.
Little Guy fires warning shot. Big Guy lets go of the gun and makes another Football Move.
After further review, Castle Doctrine applies.
Big Guy is dead.
Little Guy is alive.
The Ho gives Little Guy a Happy Ending for resolving the child custody case in her favor.

The End.

produced and directed by Jerry Springer.