K connectors? Worth getting

crumy

WKR
So I just got my pack and I have a question about the kconnectors. Are they worth getting. Bikini Dt1. I just saw them mentioned on other packs and wondered the benefit.

bbrown

WKR
I bought 10 of the from Milspec monkey to replace a bunch of the auto lock buckles on my MR dragonslayer - I really like them so far so I would say yes.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
What is the benefit? Being new to this and having not yet used it, I just don't understand the reason for the change.

I ordered 2 sets when ordering my Bikini DT1. I talked with Angie this morning, she told me they are on backorder until the end of May. They are using the ones they have on hand to complete Highcamp bags in production.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Crumy - The benefit is really ease of use and modularity with pack configuration. The K connectors allow you to connect to any loop point on the pack without having to worry about any male/female plastic connectors. Additionally you can put on and remove the connectors with gloves on with ease.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
They come on the Highcamp pack but not the standard DT1. The DT1 would come with the normal male/female connectors.

No they are not necessary but a good addition if you want more modularity. I have them on my lid connectors and my grab-it/lashing kit. Quick easy hooks for access and on the lash kit, I can connect to anywhere on the pack with ease

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
Thank you for the explanation Joe. Looks like I will be making yet another purchase.. :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I will be swapping my highcamp back to buckles from the connectors so I'd be willing to part with mine if someone wants to buy them off of me....they are a cool idea for sure, but just not for me....

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be swapping my highcamp back to buckles from the connectors so I'd be willing to part with mine if someone wants to buy them off of me....they are a cool idea for sure, but just not for me....

Wutcha want for your k connectors old man? ;)

a3dhunter

WKR
I ordered 2 sets when ordering my Bikini DT1. I talked with Angie this morning, she told me they are on backorder until the end of May. They are using the ones they have on hand to complete Highcamp bags in production.

I ordered some in person back in January and wasn't told until March that they were now backordered until May.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
If you order a highcamp and accessories at the same time will the accessories come with k-connectors? example: I order highcamp and bikini with a grabit and lash kit, will kconnectors be on the grabit or would I have to order them seperately?

I would call them, I know they were running short on K-connectors and only using them on packs, but if you haven't ordered yet they may have them in by then.

Lawnboi

WKR
I can see it being nice having the k connectors on pockets, for easier on off rather than having female buckles left all over my pack.

Can you even get g hooks anywhere now? Looks like they sold out a while ago and everyone is waiting on them

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you order a highcamp and accessories at the same time will the accessories come with k-connectors? example: I order highcamp and bikini with a grabit and lash kit, will kconnectors be on the grabit or would I have to order them seperately?

The Grab It has no place for K connectors or buckles

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Guess i was thinking that was how it connected to the pack. I am sure it will all become clear when it arrives tomorrow.

I use the K connectors on my "grab it" where it attaches to the loops on the pack. It was a simple mod that has worked out very well so far, but have only carried sheds. You will have to order the connectors separately.

Last edited:

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider

Are the connectors you tried the ones with the wave in the middle bar or without? Just curious as the connectors I have tried so far have worked fairly well, no issues yet.

bbrown

WKR
Guess i was thinking that was how it connected to the pack. I am sure it will all become clear when it arrives tomorrow.
I took off the 3 bar sliders from my Grab-it and replaced it K-hooks - so far so good.

The best part about the K-Hooks (or G-hooks as Milspec calls them) is they attach quickly, hold tight especially with tension and they weigh less and are less bulky.

Last edited: