K2 3500 Bag VS the K3 3200 Bag

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at the K2 3500 Bag, and was curious what the difference between K2 3500 and K3 3200? Besides the obvious size difference.

Do they have the same pocket design, same zipper configurations etc...

Thanks

Last edited:

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive run both of them. They are really similar, slight difference in how the inner auxiliary pockets are attached, the older 3500 has velcro and the newer one has a clip. Minor difference. I think there was another minor difference in the buckle arrangement along the side zipper too. All of the 1/2" straps on the 3500 went up to 1" on the 3200. Maybe the biggest difference the 3500 just has a single drawstring closure on the top opening where the 3200 is a roll top, which makes it seal up better if you run without the lid.
For awhile I ran the 3200 bag on a 1st gen frame, before I eventually got a K3 frame after their initial issues got worked out.

Capacity is really similar with them both, Ive done several 5 day trips with both bags. I do like the 3200 better just for the roll top because I don't run a lid 90% of the time.

*EDIT: Sorry, I'm talking about a 1st gen pack and a K3.

Last edited:

Margoot

FNG
My Son & I both run the K3 3200 Exo Packs, they are fantastic! Super comfortable & yes they can haul the serious weight in excess of a 100# -- That's pretty darned good for a pack that weighs 4# -- The adjustment from 25" to 26-1/2" takes 5 minutes & is worth doing if you have a longer torso, there's a youtube video to help you out. -- I like how you can move the hip belt to fit your size, pretty cool. -- Yes, the vertical zipper is on the K3 to access your items in the main bag without having to go through the top. Awesome pack worth every penny!

OP
Mountainman007
Great thanks for all the answers!!.

I am looking at the K2 Frame and was also curious if any one knows there the frame size tag is located on the frame. The person who is sell it does not know if the frame is short or tall. Is there a size tag on the K2 frames?

All K2 frames are the same. Just different belt sizes. Tall and short frames did not come out until the K3 version.