WTS Kahles Helia S 8x42 (i.e. Swarovski SLC 8x42 in a new skin), brand new, $1,095 shipped in US

Brummie75

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Now SOLD.

I'm weak and despicable. I'd resolved not to invest too much money in a 8x binocular as I'm more of a 10x person. Then I found an NL Pure 8x42 at a very good price, and . . . refer back to the weak and despicable part.

So these are on the chopping block. They are excellent - probably the best buy in premium optics. If you're not already aware, these are the last generation of the Swarovski SLC 8x42, made in the same Swarovski factory, but in a new skin (I quite like having something that's not black or green). They have a decent, but not earth-shattering FOV, that's not fully flattened. The focus is slow and precise - excellent for hunters, not so much for birders chasing warblers - and not as buttery smooth as the best. Otherwise, these are really top-notch optics, and the only near-alpha glasses (until the Zeiss SFL) with a readily accessible 1/4-20 tripod adapter socket.

I've had these around a month, and they've only been in the back garden for these photos. Absolutely as new, with a 10-yr international warranty. I'll ship them as I have them set up with some free extras (as pictured, unless the buyer wants me to strip them back to how they originally came), but the original rainguard and strap are included:
  • After-market rainguard - nothing wrong with the original, but this is lighter, and provides more room for the eyeshields.
  • Field Optics Research Eye Shields - to cut out stray light when wanted.
  • Orange Rick Young ultra-lite bino harness.
  • Microfiber pouch for storage and transport - the Kahles doesn't come with a carry case, but for me, this is a more practical alternative (less bulk and weight, and still protects the exterior finish).
Price is net to me, shipped within the US - that means if you choose a form of payment that costs money, you cover the fees. I have a few recent sales on Rokslide, and should be able to put you in touch with buyers, if reliability is a concern. Any questions, feel free to reach out. I can provide extras pictures if wanted, but please note that the glass is perfect (otherwise, I wouldn't have said "brand new" in the thread title!).

2E33D378-BCA3-442A-B53D-650C1F16A1AE.jpeg
72852DAA-C60C-4FBA-B417-C93E992C4413.jpeg
249BEE82-541C-468B-A13E-5DB1063E24EF.jpeg

Last edited: