Kansas N/R deer results are back

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Going again to the great state of Kansas to chase Midwest whitetails in November. My friends up there tell me I might need to bring waders.

OP
Kerrbow

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Ditto. Now I can start on my cornfield tough training program. Pass the pancakes please.
Yes sir. 2nd Saturday in November locals put on an all-you-can eat breakfast for pheasant and quail opener. Can hardly get out of the chair when I lay the fork down.

Whip

WKR
I've only hunted Kansas once before but it looks like we're headed back again. We're planning on Oct 30 - Nov 9th. Maybe a touch early, but things should be heating up about then.

come2elmo

WKR
I've only hunted Kansas once before but it looks like we're headed back again. We're planning on Oct 30 - Nov 9th. Maybe a touch early, but things should be heating up about then.
That’s generally when i am up there. Second week of nov it seems to get rolling. Been times where I have been sweating in the tree and then like last year when I have had 6 inches of snow dumped on me in 2 hours. Deer didn’t seem to mind in either case.

I drew as well but, missed out on the mule deer stamp, I guess??? Anyone know if that is done at the same time??

OP
Kerrbow

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Bring a mud boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Talked to one of my friends a couple of days ago and he said 17" last week. Just looked at radar and raining big time right now. No soybeans planted yet, just corn.

fcfchris

FNG
It’s crazy up there right now and only getting worse. One of my best friends it’s a game warden up there, the videos of the flooding he is sending me is insane. Good luck this fall.

Btaylor

WKR
Try being down stream of it. Nevermind the fact that we have not had a 7 day stretch without rain since 9/13/18.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
I drew as well for the first time. I had a hard time finding much info on walk in areas since I could only find the spring list of wia. We drew unit 17 and 2 for early muzzy. Not sure what to expect but look forward to hunting a new state. Hoping to take a drive out in July to put up a couple cams.

I drew as well for the first time. I had a hard time finding much info on walk in areas since I could only find the spring list of wia. We drew unit 17 and 2 for early muzzy. Not sure what to expect but look forward to hunting a new state. Hoping to take a drive out in July to put up a couple cams.

Here is a link. I can look and see about a 2018 hard copy. But last year the hard copies didn’t come out until season started. Most properties stay the same. But they might add some or delete some. They are well marked if enrolled. Good luck

drtonkin

FNG
Headed to KS the second week of Nov. Had to switch up our arrangements though, the place we planned to stay is currently under water :(

Good luck gents!

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Congrats to those who drew tags!!! Good Luck!!!

I have seen some people say they have hunted Kansas for many years in a row, and stuff, etc. Should I begin buying points in Kansas. I was on their website and saw u can buy for deer and antelope? and the cost wasnt bad. How many points (if any) does it take to draw in Kansas? Is buying antelope tags there worth it or just focus on wyoming for that