Kansas Rifle Buck

LNF150

FNG
Kind of new around Rokslide, so I'll intro myself with this whitetail I took opening day of 2019 KS rifle season. I was blessed in many ways that this deer and I paths crossed.

At the end of August, my 90 yr old Dad had become really ill after an operation. His care to recovery took all my time, so this years hunting season was pretty much scrapped. But miracles do happen and around Thanksgiving his strength started to return, he put his walker aside and started using his cane again. With that there was hope the tag I purchased back in early August wouldn't become tag soup this year. Anyway, I figured I'd get my Dad set up at home early opening day and spend a few hours in the field before heading back.

In the pasture I hunt, I sit high along a limestone ridge that looks out on a shallow valley with a creek running through. This buck and two others were trailing a young doe through a flat area where the creek makes an oxbow. First shot hit right behind his diaphragm, second shot broke his front femur before he crossed the creek. Waited 30 minutes and went after him. Founded him about 150 yds from the last shot near a small grove of cedar trees. I put the tag on him at 8:05 am. This whitetail was only an 8 point but he was big bodied (much bigger than the other bucks with him). Very majestic deer and I was happy our paths crossed.2019 buck II.jpg

RR2012

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck! Glad the stars aligned and you were able to make it out. Congrats

OP
L

LNF150

FNG
Thanks Guys! For no longer than this hunt lasted it is filled with great memories.