Katabatic Quilts 850FP vs 900FP

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
After much deliberation, I think I've settled on Katabatic for my quilt (upgrading from an old mountain hardware mummy bag). I'm wondering if the 900FP is worth the extra ~$100? I'm in Canada so with the currency difference it stings even more.
I know the 850FP would be slightly heavier (1-2 oz only), but are there any other downsides that would make it worth to opt for the 900FP?

huntnful

WKR
I just got my first quilt with 950 fill instead of 850. I did it to save the weight and have even better packability. I don't think it'll accomplish anything else. So it's just a personal decision.

Enlightened Equipment has a great custom bag builder where you can see what the fill difference and fabric difference does to the weight.

Drenalin

WKR
For me it wasn't. I bought a 30 degree Flex quilt and the one ounce fill difference was all they listed in their specs between the two. Even though they didn't list it, I'm sure the higher fill power packs down a little better. I was improving in weight and packability enough coming from a synthetic that I decided the price difference wasn't worth the marginal gains between 850 and 900 for me.