Kauai Blacktail - Advice!

Yukondog

WKR
So, my lovely wife won a trip to Kauai. Some people have all the luck! We will be on the island for 10 days or so and I have be granted time to bow hunt. I would LOVE to bivy out for two days and see if I can get on a Blacktail. Big problem - Hunting in Kauai has never crossed my mind until this morning and we leave Sept 27th.

Is there anyone out there willing to help out with some info? What I have found this morning is my chances are dismal at best. I have zero knowledge of the area and if spending 48hrs on the mountain is even possible. Would like to do it myself, but if there are any outfits out there people know about I would be all ears as well. This could be a awesome experience going at it alone in new country I've never laid eyes on. I'm sure it is completely different than CO, NV and SD. Getting excited about the possibility!

Thank you for any guidance you can share!

Matt

good luck..... i have herd the same, crazy tough. be careful to say the least i would say, massive cliffs and hogs. the locals do get them though so its possible. i am exploring the idea myself. info spotty at best.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would try and get in touch with Ryan Sanpei. He is a native Hawaiian and has killed plenty of animals over there.

He may be on Rokslide, if not try the Kuiu forums and or he has plenty of you tube videos that may have contact info.

If I remember the deer seasons are odd. Weekend only type hunting and only like 4 or 5 of them. You may think of a hog and goat combo also.

I would make every effort to track down Ryan for the most knowledgeable information.