KE, Momentum, Speed/FPS, Ethical Kill

moxford

Lil-Rokslider
That looks very workable - good weight, kept the speed up and have good FOC to boot. I'm not sure what an extra 5-6lbs of pull will really gain you ... if you're super comfortable at the current weight and it shoots well you may just want to leave it alone.

Just seat-of-the-pants, getting that FOC on that weight means that you're probably pushing the edge of the spine on your arrow. Moving up in weight might actually push you into "under-spined" territory. (Not sure, just ballpark guessing due to how your numbers are spread.) Just something to watch for if you go to 73 and your groups start opening up.

-mox

Cross

Lil-Rokslider
Good suggestion, I should be okay spine wise I think.

I should have added
28.5 DL
29" 300 spine arrows

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My 532gr arrows at 286fps never give the animal that 50BMG shock wave.:confused: Perhaps I need to get the 80lb bow. Actually I almost got the 80lb Nitrum LD, but since I turned 50 this year I thought better of it. Last thing I need is shoulder problems for the next 40 years of hunting.:cool:

OP
G

Graindrain

Lil-Rokslider
Just an update:

I ordered the new 2016 Xcentric 6 with 60#, 28.5" DL, same arrow set up.

New bow is shooting 286 fps.

I have not put the sight on it, so as to speak for "shoot ability and accuracy" I can not comment.

Thanks for all the help on this decision. It all boiled down to my comfort in the old set up and future hunts. The spare cash and the offer I accepted on the old setup didn't hurt either.

Lots of practice needs to be done before my January mule deer hunt.

Xpedition

FNG
Hi Guys,
This is Blake Davis, National/International Sales Manager for Xpedition.
I will be here and available with any tech questions. It is good to see the positive and productive interaction.
Much of the info is solid. Ask away or PM with any questions......I will be digging around, this looks like a cool site.

moxford

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Blake, and welcome.

You need more dealers on the West Coast! Xpedition was on my short-list of exciting bows to try out but with no dealers anywhere nearby I ended up with a Hoyt (not a bad thing, but since you're the National manager you might care going forward. :)

-mox

stuckbuck

FNG
Forget math, put it in the right spot!!

74a94f3371891857f332c45daf689868.jpg

aef7e2f09997dc6a2bed6e0758f258c0.jpg