Keep hunting?

If you’re whitetail hunting in the southeast then likely keep hunting. A full search & exhausted all possible recovery first, of course. Limit here is 12. No more than 10 antlerless & no more than 2 antlered. Don’t know what you’d do with 12, so maybe let the undercovered one count & limit yourself to 11. Still don’t know what anyone would do with even 11!

Yoder

WKR
Yeah,just keep on hunting. Let's see how many critters we can fill full of lead and cheap pussy ass mechanical heads. If your sure you hit the animal well,grow some balls and punch your God damn tag,sorry ass son's a bitches that keep on hunting after they KNOW damn well they hit the animal clean......how'd ya like that response.
You are obviously morally superior to the rest of us and a much better human being. I generally try to wound as many animals as possible each year. It just brings me joy.

sndmn11

WKR
I will hunt until I have a carcass to put my carcass tag on. Even if I shot an animal that I can see dead on private but am denied access to, that carcass tag stays attached, full, and unsigned until my hands are on a carcass.

4rcgoat

WKR
You are obviously morally superior to the rest of us and a much better human being. I generally try to wound as many animals as possible each year. It just brings me joy.
No,not at all. Just my opinion and don't really care if it offended anyone......or anything.

sooner or later no matter how good a hunter or shot you think you are the not so plesant aspect of a bad shot is going to happen. The issue for me is how long do you look for the animal, how good are you at tracking issues such as type of blood you find, skid marks where the animal stumbled escaping those type of things one would look for, at what point do you exhaust all options for recovery and are you absoutly satisifed you gave everything you could in the search. I limit myself to the goal of closing distance, good positions on the shot and proper follow through, much range time prior to the hunt, if the shot does not look right or feel right do not shoot wait on the animal to better present itself, if those options do not pan out O.K. the hunt continues. Theres a lot that goes into the original question only you or I can honestly make that decision as when to give up the process and decide on the trash the tag or not. As for me depends on where I am hunting and what I am hunting

I will hunt until I have a carcass to put my carcass tag on. Even if I shot an animal that I can see dead on private but am denied access to, that carcass tag stays attached, full, and unsigned until my hands are on a carcass.
How does that work?

A hunter must hunt their hunt. These are the decisions that should be made prior to the season or at least considered. Blanket decisions and circumstances rarely fit every single case. When all else fails, do what you feel is the right thing to do. Taking advice from others is fine, but it is often best to know the others well first.

Yeah,just keep on hunting. Let's see how many critters we can fill full of lead and cheap pussy ass mechanical heads. If your sure you hit the animal well,grow some balls and punch your God damn tag,sorry ass son's a bitches that keep on hunting after they KNOW damn well they hit the animal clean......how'd ya like that response.
If a hunter isn't doing everything they can to fill their freezer, what's the point of hunting? Trophies on the wall? Virtue signaling and bragging online?

Shit happens. No point in crying over a lost animal and burning a tag for nothing. You brush yourself off, try to learn from the experience, and keep hunting.

Only a "sorry ass son of bitch" goes home empty-handed because he quit when things didn't go his way. Damn near sounds like the tantrums my daughters used to throw when they messed something up.

How'd ya like that response.

gabenzeke

WKR
Depends...but usually consider the tag punched.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I shot a whitetail and I found it the next day the wolves got it I still punched my tag but it was really frustrating.

KurtR

WKR
Try and find it best I can but keep hunting . Game and fish have it figured into how they give out tags.

If a hunter isn't doing everything they can to fill their freezer, what's the point of hunting? Trophies on the wall? Virtue signaling and bragging online?

Shit happens. No point in crying over a lost animal and burning a tag for nothing. You brush yourself off, try to learn from the experience, and keep hunting.

Only a "sorry ass son of bitch" goes home empty-handed because he quit when things didn't go his way. Damn near sounds like the tantrums my daughters used to throw when they messed something up.

How'd ya like that response.
Burning a tag for nothing? It’s funny seeing a response like this and then having folks wonder why their favorite units are so short on decent animals anymore.

Burning a tag for nothing? It’s funny seeing a response like this and then having folks wonder why their favorite units are so short on decent animals anymore.
Yes, burning it for nothing. No carcass means no meat which means you have nothing. I can't feed my family on nothing.

What's do you mean by "decent animal"? Are you talking about big racks or legal shooters?

Lastly, how certain are you that hunters with my mentality are the reason why game numbers might be dwindling? Do you have a legitimate source for this or are you making baseless assumptions?

I hope it's not a baseless assumption since that seems to be a growing trend on this forum. Very few people here care to research or provide sources for their opinions, which sucks, because it's a shabby practice that benefits no one.