Keep it black or dip it...

rhendrix

WKR
I'm trying to figure out if I wanna dip my bow in Max-1 or Realtree AP, or keep it blacked out. Do deer and elk pick up on black bows better than a camo bow? My gut instinct tells me yes, a camo bow is not going to have a hard outline like a black bow will...I just don't wanna go through the hassle of tearing it down and retuning it afterwards.

I don't know I think black looks solid. My own bow has a black riser and predator camo limbs.

Wish I could answer or help ya out but think its 95% personal preference.

Mike

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
I think is more of what you want. Black is a natural shade in nature and what they see is usually just the front slim profile anyway. I dont think it matters at all.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I hadn't thought about the fact that they'll see such a small profile, gonna keep it black then and save my money!

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Limbs look black to them. I do not think it makes any difference and have had both colors of bows. By the time they are that close, they will have an arrow in them if they are a shooter.

OR Archer

WKR
Doesn't make a bit of difference to the animals. They aren't going to see it and say to themselves "oh that's a bow". They're going to pick up on your movement or smell you. Also any alteration to the original finish on a bow will void your warranty as well.

For KICKS...Dip it in MAx-1 !!! JUST THE RISER THOUGH!!! Leave the limbs BLACK BABY!!!

I don't think that it makes all that much difference. The only time that having a blackout bow hurt me was in 2010 in KS on the prairie spotting and stalking mule deer. I was WAY out in the open and the black was just enough contrast difference between the environment that I was spotted. Once I got into the CRP and got a little cover they didn't know what hit them!!! :)

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums...me Trophy Photos/2010-11-20_11-48-45_51-1.jpg

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I'd say leave it, but if you want something to do and have some money to spend then go for it. Maybe what evan said, just the riser would be cool.

Nice Mulie Evan!!

I don't think it makes much of a difference. Guys kill plenty of critters with black bows. You could always do a homemade paint job to camo it up. Might not look as clean but I don't use things for looks just as a tool.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've hunted with a black bow a lot and it's never hurt me...Think about it, when your holding the bow out in front of you the front profile is what, 2"-3" wide or so???
Look at the woods sometime, you'll see plenty of black shadows....Black bows aren't an issue as long as they are not shiny.

velvetfvr

WKR
I was going to dip my all black DNA but I am not. I think a black bow and red accents are awesome!