Keep Routt wild.. Great wildlife conservation orginization in NW CO

NIMBYs with no plan for what they’re gonna do fo an economy here real real soon. Not saying that heedless rec broification is the answer but the $apocalypse is upon routt and morffat counties

OP
Beauregard
Are you talking about the mine closing? All you need to do is drive through Steamboat and your perspective will change

I certainly like it in theory - hopefully they can have some success to show on the ground. Definitely cool country that is in the crosshairs of "over-recreating"

NIMBYs with no plan for what they’re gonna do fo an economy here real real soon. Not saying that heedless rec broification is the answer but the $apocalypse is upon routt and morffat counties
Yes, am plenty familiar with steamboat and totally understand the sentiment to not want end up with the next bro-brah gentrification project but they have maybe five years to completely transform the economy up there a good truck if you can pull it off without shattering the very nature of the thing

CoStick

WKR
I spend a lot of time in the area year round and they have a major drug issue and transient population. Probably a product of a repressed economy but it has become more noticeable each year.

I spend a lot of time in the area year round and they have a major drug issue and transient population. Probably a product of a repressed economy but it has become more noticeable each year.
I've spent 2+ weeks in that area each of the past 5 years and I'm about to head there again. I've seen what you're talking about with the repressed economy, drugs and transients. It's very sad to see in such an amazingly beautiful part of the world.

I'd love to believe there is a way to find some kind of balance in these places but I'm afraid those days are behind us. Just like our little rural communities in SE Texas, either they get on board with the future or die while trying to live in the past. No different than NW Colorado, the farm and ranch economy in SE Texas is on it's way out and the 2nd and 3rd generation welfare farm/ranch kids have all but burned through their parent's and grandparent's money by now so they are starting to split up the properties and sell them. Otherwise they have to go get a real job and most are not ready to do that.