Keeping Alert

Its that time of year when we are hitting the woods hard, getting up early, and spending countless hours in the tree. I was wondering what are some of the tactics everyone uses for staying alert on an all day sit. I have thought about chewing on sunflower seeds. The salt and the constant chewing would work for me I believe. I do not feel this would be negative to my hunting. If deer would happen to smell the seeds I doubt they would associate them with danger. Thanks for all the tips.

Wapiti1

WKR
I would avoid high salt foods while sitting for extended periods. They can cause swelling in the feet and legs along with blood clots. It's a common problem truck drivers get into.

I read a book on my phone, kindle or take an actual book. Between that and watching birds and squirrels, I make it through the day.

Jeremy

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Wear warm clothes, draw my bow every hour to keep my muscles loose so I don't freeze when the moment happens, read books, stand up every 15-20 minutes to keep my legs from going numb. But other than that unless I have to poo I tend to make it through the day. lol

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The only way I could handle a tree stand would be if I was constantly climbing up and down the stand. But that would get boring within 5 minutes as well, so I'd be hiking after that too.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
The only way I could handle a tree stand would be if I was constantly climbing up and down the stand. But that would get boring within 5 minutes as well, so I'd be hiking after that too.
This is how I feel after my elk hunt. It happens every year and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I feel like I will eventually just hate hunting deer from a treestand and move out west lol