Keeping feet warm while sleeping in tent

bozeman

WKR
No issue while moving, but when I stop and get in my tent and sleeping bag, then feet are freezing, just my feet. Any ‘mittens’ for your feet you carry for wearing while sleeping only when temps dip down LOW? Thanks in advance.

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a really thick pair of wool socks that found and they work really good. My buddy uses the toe warmers on the outside of his sock. That makes my feet too warm for me but he loves it.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
I bring in thick knee high darn tough socks. I like the compression and warmth. If it gets to cold I’ll fill my bottle with hot water and throw it down there.

I always make sure to put my freshest, driest pair of socks next to the skin before I go to sleep. The socks I've been wearing during the day are typically a bit damp with sweat, so I take them off and hang up to dry overnight or at least shuffle them to an outer layer if I'm wearing multiple pairs to sleep.

I second putting on dry wool socks and filling a nalogene bottle with boiling water and putting that into the to of the bag

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
I always carry a pair of dedicated sleeping socks for the same reason. They are an extra thick pair of wool socks only wear to sleep in.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Thanks fellas.....I tried 'dry', wool socks.....still got cold toes...…….Liking the warm bottle concept...will try.

BluMtn

WKR
If you carry them, handwarmers in the bottom of your bag will keep you warm. The two I carry belonged to my grandfather and were made in the late 40's. Other than putting new wicks in them they work great.

Wrench

WKR
I suggest a western mountaineering bag. I sleep cold, but I cook in that thing.