Keeping Feet Warm?

It's winter time, and every backpacking or backpack hunting trip I go on I wake up with cold feet. Any ideas on keeping them warm thru the night?....and yes I have tried the hot water in the water bottle trick :)

dotman

WKR
Try Hot Mocs boot covers, they weigh nothing and are fleece plus have an internal pocket for a chemical hand warmer. Now I haven't used them for your intended purpose but they keep my feet warm in my noninsulated boots when in the treestand http://www.hotmocs.com/boot-warmers.html

Except for a pair of wool socks I have been ok and never had a problem. Hopefully Aron will chime in on this one. I know he suffers from cold feet at night on his outings.

Lawnboi

WKR
Get an msr bladder, however big you think you need. Load it up with hot water, slap it right between your legs. You wont get cold!

Other than that maybe a warmer bag?

Also iv been interested in some booties for a while. I wish I would have picked up a pair of the puffy kifaru booties when they were still selling them. Lots of companies out there make lightweight down booties.

shaun

WKR
Toe Warner's in bottom of bag. I also put my clothes in bottom of bag so I can put decently warm clothes on in AM plus adds insulation

Hardway

FNG
Some times i will zip up my jacket or vest and slide it over the outside of my sleeping bag...seems to work well for me.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Integral Designs Hot Socks. They weigh 4 oz, double as camp shoes if the ground isn't muddy, and they keep your feet warm.

sk1

WKR
I usually have Dan piss on my feet, but I think I'm supposed to keep that a secret.....

better your feet than in your mouth, or was that the secret part?

i would think one of the big body warmer 12 hour pads would do the trick but ive never tried it

mhunter

FNG
Try these:
http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=95&CFID=14518445&CFTOKEN=87108796
Those are synthetic and replaced also my crocks last year. Can be worn as camp shoes also. Wiggys Booties are VERY warm. There are lighter options
like ID hotsocks and since I have used only Wiggy ones I cannot comment which one is warmer. If intended to use as camp booties I would stay away from down ones and take synthetics. One slight negative thing about Wiggys booties though: since the draw cord is above the ankle booties are a bit difficult to walk with. Hovever I solved this by using rubber band around ankle, this keeps booties better in place when walking and sleeping. These booties are the must for me because my feet are very cold, also I was able to shed few ounces by replacing the crocks...now I only need to find solution how to keep my feet warm during day time in extended trips. I use leather/coretex boots and what ever I do after 7-10 fays they are wet and cold. And yes I have tried changing socks and insoles...

Last edited:
I something a little different that looks goofy as can be but it works. I learned this from another website and tried it. I got a pair of Lacrosse Ice King boot liners 1 size larger than my foot size; got a pair of "boot blankets" from Cabelas. When I get to my hunting spot, I take off the boots I hiked in then put "Hot Hands" thingy's in the Ice King liners and cover with the boot blankets. When you take your feet out, they'll be smoking and toasty warm.