Keeping head and face warm and comfortable at night

I have a 0 degree quilt and a insulated pad for high country early season. I’m just looking for product suggestions for keeping head and face warm at night if it gets below 35 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In real cold ... a fur ruff is great , but for 30's a buff ... or even just the face shield on something like a Sitka base layer

bozeman

WKR
I have an Under Armor balaclava that is $......it was a gift from a buddy and it is about perfect for sleeping in.

Rob5589

WKR
Having no hair, my head and ears get cold. I use a thin fleece beanie I bought at Bass Pro. Keeps the dome warm and is comfortable enough to sleep in. I don't like anything on my face.

jjtt13

FNG
35 degrees just a merino wool beanie below freezing zpacks goose down hood .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I have a couple of different setups. I will often sleep in my Sitka Core Lightweight Hoody. It has a built in face mask and obviously a hood. It’s a very light piece. But, it keeps the chill off my shaved head. If it’s going to be really cold, I have a fleece beanie and a merino wool Buff.

tdot

WKR
Neck gaiter and toque. Both in Kuiu Peloton 97 for temps around freezing. Anything below that and I move into thicker materials. I prefer the 2 piece setup as I find it more versatile and comfortable vs a balaclava. Though I haven't tried a purpose built down balaclava for sleeping.

Whitty

FNG
I have the Sitka fleece neck gaiter that I pull over my head below my eyes but above my nose. Can breath freely and it covers my head, ears, and I like the soft fleece over my eyes as the dark dark helps me sleep.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
I just pull my quilt over my head. If its real cold, ill wear some cheap beanie.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Neck gaiter + beanie
Neck/face mask like the one you using skiing + beanie.

My puffy jacket has a hood that works really well.