Keeping my damn boot laces tied...

Anyone have any lacing / knotting recommendations for keeping their boots tied? I have some Salomon 4d whatever they are and the laces like to come untied at the most inopportune times.

With that, are there any boot laces folks recommend that don't unlace? I assume the flatter laces are better and holding knots.

My Salomon were the only shoe I've seen a double knot come untied. For me the solution was to pull them good and tight.

When you do the wrap around your finger part do that twice and they will never come untied and they are just as easy to get untied at a regular knot when it’s time to take them off.
This works

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When you do the wrap around your finger part do that twice and they will never come untied and they are just as easy to get untied at a regular knot when it’s time to take them off.

Do this. I believe it’s called a Surgeon’s Knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I double up as shown an also bees wax my laces time to time..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

gldenhwk

FNG
I've found that for the speed lacing, work bottom to top of the speed laces like normal but crossing the lace on itself on each hook by you wrap the lace around the top of the hook to the bottom .. allows for a friction point that keeps the laces from working out .. it kinda looks like the lace crosses over itself on each speed lace hook for multiple friction points.. worked for me on a variety of boots

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to be a d?!@k, but more than likely you're Tying your shoes wrong. I had this same problem with a pair of hikers that had synthetic round laces. Didn't matter what knot or how many I put in them, they would come undone. I did a search on YT and found a vid explaining what was going on. Can't find it now but he explained that if you are right handed your left lace needs to be UNDER your right lace on that first knot. Sure enough that fixed MY problem. Took about a week to retrain my brain and now I never have my shoes come untied.

tdot

WKR
If the Salomon laces are Kevlar or even partially Kevlar, that's probably part of the problem. Kevlar is used in ropes to decrease friction. Not ideal in a knot.

Cordura or Polyester are good for wear resistance and friction.

A hollow core or soft core round lace is usually better at holding a knot then the more solid core round laces.

LaHunter

WKR
I have a pair of the Salomon 4Ds and the laces are prone to coming untied for sure. I just tie mine in multiple double knots and this seems to work ok with mine just doing my training hikes, but I am on a trail and not busting through any brush.

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to try wax, go onto amazon or hockey monkey and order Elite Hockey Waxed laces in the correct length. Good laces, and cost $5 a pair.

jmez

WKR
Just treat your laces with whatever you treat your boots with. Every time. They'll stay tied after a few applications.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've taken to tieing as normal then tieing the loops and cinch down. I bet wax would help though.

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
Make your double knot the opposite direction as your loops. It is the same concept as a square knot. You will never have issues again. There have been videos showing this online.

nphunter

WKR
I use these, $11 at D&B (farm store) they last forever and are coated with some sort of wax, I also wax them when I wax my boots. I double knot but not super tight so I can’t easily undo them. Can’t remember the last time I had a boot come untied. I’ve ran these in the last couple pairs of boots, most factory laces break or wear through pretty quick.

C1288D3A-E169-4FBC-944F-2A76D9DC6DEE.jpeg