Keeping track of days in the field with hunt apps?

Kilboars

WKR
Any tips or tricks for keeping track of your days in the woods to organize and help you with future hunts?

I've used a few different GPS's tracking apps with google earth but my tracks seem to blend together when I get back home and look at them to plan the next years hunt. The problem is not wanting to play with my phone to much while I'm out hunting but when I get back home all the tracks blend together.
I'm bowhunting a newer farm this year in MT archery season with a few friends for about 7-10 days each year. The area is about 14,000 acres so we're driving and hiking it.

What I'm doing now: I'm using BaseMap Inc app this year
I try to start tracking myself each morning when I head out and change the color of the track each day or each hunt.
I try to mark where the truck is parked each time but sometimes don't then it's hard to tell where we drove and where we hiked.

How do you guys track your hunts

Thanks?

def90

WKR
I use an app called MyTrails which lets you record a track and then save it, it will then show you min/max altitude, accumulative altitude, average/max speed, distance and so on..

But there are a number of apps that will do the same thing. OnX will record your track plus you can add any sort of waypoint such as wallows, water, rubs and so on,

In the end, no app will work if you don't activate it, forget to shut it off when you are done, or mark your truck location.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Probably 50 good apps for tracking your steps. Google maps even does this.

Battery wise an InReach with tracking turned on is good.

Yes, In-Reach will be my next purchase for 2021 hunts.
This is new property so I'll try to make a point of stopping and starting new tracks to see driving track vs stalking tracks.